• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pressure/ gravity-intolerance..?

Hi!

Anyone here who can feel that lying down feels extreamly heavy on body?
I mean the pressure from the bed, gravity...
Also tight clothes or a hard chair puts such a load on my body: feel laboured and sqeezed.

Every night i just have to sit up after 3-5 hours of sleep to relieve my body from the " bed-pressure". Takes sometimes 1-2 hours before im recovered from that sqeezed or inner strangled feeling.
Sometimes i have to get up and walk a little also and then go back to sleep.

I get these intense shudders, the ones you get from cold weather or music etc, "goosebump shudders". These shudders makes that compressed, squeezed, strangled feeling release. I also yawn when i wake up like this every night from this reaction in my body. Yawning also makes it release.

I often ignore it, because im SO sleepy but then it comes back even stronger, builds up to a point where i Have to sit up, weak, sweaty, shivering and "squeezed " from deep inside.

Its very clear that its a reaction in my body against the pressure from the bed/ sofa / ground.
Its not a sore back or hip, it rather feels like the arteries gets blocked or the nerve system reacts on something it shouldnt react on. Or that maybe breathe very shallow...?

Anyone???
I had this for 3-4 years...gets worse...:(

Thankful for answers!