• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Obvious Hypotheses may not be Correct

hapl808

Interesting. I started using high fluoride toothpaste recently. Worried because I haven't been to the dentist in awhile and was too weak to regularly brush my teeth for a couple years. However I was doing much worse then, and doing slightly better now (but only comparatively).

Wishful

For whatever reason- FLOURIDE....I"m wondering about it.

I was brushing my teeth (with fluoride toothpaste) and had an insight about this. Some people point to fluoride as a new, artificial, toxin, and thus responsible for the prevalence of some diseases. However, fluoride has been around before life began. There are regions of the world where levels of natural fluoride in the water are high enough to cause heath problems. If ME, or any other disease, was caused by fluoride, it should show up in prevalence plotted geographically. Such geographical studies should be a good test for 'fluoride is responsible' hypotheses.