• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mushrooms as Medicine with Paul Stamets

Carl

I take cordyceps sinensis. It stopped all joint pains and gives me more energy.It also helps in reducing my blood sugar levels.
I have ben considering this myself. I have tried reishi but it caused very dry skin which was very unpleasant which could be due to a shift in my immune function. I have stopped it now.

With regard to Cordyceps, be aware that there are different types available and how they are prepared. This can dramatically affect how well they work, whether there is a response or no response. I found the following site provides useful information about the differences between the different types of cordyceps.

http://www.realmushrooms.com/cordyceps-supplements-guide/

I've been taking cordyceps(energy) and coriolus versicolor(inmune function) for two months and a half and I feel better. Ive been two months with an inmune system very strong until last week I got pharingitis again...
at the beginning with cordyceps I felt a very high libido, i didnt have this since i got sick, however i have the libido now like it was before taking the cordyceps...i dont think there is more room for improvent for me with these mushrooms.

I don't know if continue with them, don't know if you can take cordyceps for too long or the side effects in the long run. The doctor who prescribed them to me said that they are very good to fight viruses like EBV.

CedarHome

I tried one of his formulas before my major health crash... I kept having recurring illnesses, I thought I had immune system problems and an ND recommended it. It made things worse and I felt a lot better once I quit it. Maybe one of those T1/T2 imbalance things, I don't know. Just be cautious.

raghav

imho instead of trying combinations of mushrooms try individual ones and see what it does for you. This way you will know which mushrooms you are able to tolerate and give benefits and which ones you are not able to tolerate. I find red reishi very stimulating and gives me wired feeling and insomnia. So I dont touch any combination which contains this mushroom.