• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Muscles Tightness with Supplements, Tissue Salts, Mastic Gum

taroki

I have been taking the following lately and noticed a few days ago my jaw muscles got very tight, then arm muscles, then hand muscles, etc.

Dr. Amy Yasko's step one supplements (except B Complex & VitaOrgan which were out of stock at the time)
lithium orotate
mastic gum (for the h.pylori)
tissue salts (bioplasma 12 salts combined and kalium phosphoricum 6X)

Any ideas what it could be? Not enough B complex? Too much lithium? Low magnesium? I will be taking an epson salt bath with ginger powder tonight, maybe it will help.

I have lowered the dosages and have stopped lithium and tissue salts. But not sure I really want to stop the mastic gum because I am only 7 days into it and really want to get rid of the h.pylori.

I know I was low on lithium but I am ok with anxiety symptoms now. Don't have money to pay for tests at the moment (maybe later down the road).

taroki

hmmm ..... I had taken lots of Methyl B12 and Methylfolate last year before I properly supported methylation with Dr. Amy Yasko's step one supplements.

So you think attacking the h pylori could have caused the sudden muscle stiffness due to lack of B12? How common is this?

taroki

Thanks! yeah, I realized last year I was severely low in B12 which is why after taking Methyl B12 some of my bipolar symptoms disappeared among other things! (rapid thoughts, rapid speech)

So I supplemented with Methyl B12 and MethylFolate in B Complex quite a bit, but then those sulphite/sulphur/histamine/anxiety issues came up and realized I need to start at the beginning for methylation like the autistic kids and pay the big $$$ for Yasko's supplements (I have Aspergers and recently found out my OCD, ADD, etc were all due to Strep/PANDAS since I was a kid!)