• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

multivit with choline,for @Fredd

daniariete2000

Hi @Fredd ,

I just started your protocol and i would like to take this multivit http://www.pureencapsulations.com/o-n-e-multivitamin.html since in the same time and with one only cap it provides vitamins (expecially B complex), methalfolyn,methylcobalamin, 2000 ui of vit D, coenzy Q10 and minerals but I'm worry about choline after reading this article http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/...nic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005

Have CFS people too much choline in the brain ? Can I take that supplement without problem with your methylation protocol ?

Thanks

Daniele

Freddd

Hi @Fredd ,

I just started your protocol and i would like to take this multivit http://www.pureencapsulations.com/o-n-e-multivitamin.html since in the same time and with one only cap it provides vitamins (expecially B complex), methalfolyn,methylcobalamin, 2000 ui of vit D, coenzy Q10 and minerals but I'm worry about choline after reading this article http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/...nic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005

Have CFS people too much choline in the brain ? Can I take that supplement without problem with your methylation protocol ?

Thanks

Daniele

Hi Daniele,

I have never noticed any difference with choline for myself. However, the CoQ10 can cause dangerously high blood pressure in the beginning of the active b12. I had that happen and so have other people. Suddenly my BP was UP 50+ points and a bad headache.

Critterina

Hi Daniele,

I have never noticed any difference with choline for myself. However, the CoQ10 can cause dangerously high blood pressure in the beginning of the active b12. I had that happen and so have other people. Suddenly my BP was UP 50+ points and a bad headache.
Freddd,

How long did the BP uptick last? And what resolved it?

Freddd

Hi Critterina,

That was 11 years ago, thick in brainfog.. I'll do my best with it. My mother-in-law had gotten me started with vitamins in about 1968 or 69, before she was my MIL while I was dating her daughter in college. She had been reading Adelle Davis and PREVENTION magazine since the early 50s. I was sick a lot She would have served me liver when I ate over except that I hated it. Somewhere along the way they had given me a blood pressure apparatus. They (in-laws) were big on CoQ10 and used to give me a bottle every couple of months as they knew I couldn't afford it as a newly married. It never seemed to do anything at all for me and somewhere along the way I stopped buying it as I built up my "basics" and things in the 80s and 90s. I did a major desiccated liver trial in the late 70s and took yeast, bone meal and such as part of my routine.

It was May 21st, 2003 when my first ENZY MeCbl tablet blew my socks off. I was taking a B-50 type b-complex at the time with folic acid and CyCbl. It was shortly after that I switched to B-Right after I talked it over with her. I had the folate deficiency symptoms ever since childhood and potassium problems since then also so none of that was new. Low potassium can also cause high BP and I had started potassium at her suggestion. Everything I tried worked better after starting the MeCbl and my BP came down a modest amount and I felt a lot better. I mentioned the "working better" and she suggested I try the CoQ10 again. I went and bought a bottle of 100mg I think it was, not a large dose, but rather the smallest I saw at Costco.

I took it. About 45 minutes later I started to feel a dull pounding headache coming on. I took the Valium and morphine doses I would for the headaches I sometimes had at the time. At that time headaches were rare for me as I had gotten them under control a few years earlier, and this one was totally atypical. I called my MIL. She said to take my BP. I did. It was 190 over 120, something I had NEVER seen before. My usual at that point was about 130/80. I called my doc and he said confirmed that I had taken the right things and said to take my BP every half hour and call back if it went up. It went down a little, and within 8 hours was back most of the way to normal. By the next morning it was back to normal. Since then I have talked to about a dozen people with similar experiences when they took CoQ10 after starting MeCbl. About 2 years later after talking it over with my doc he said to try it again. Nothing at all happened and I have taken it ever since. The people who have had a similar experience were all very early in methylation startup when that happened. I have warned folks about it since it happened.