• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

methylfolate pain in the joints

zzz0r

Dr Lynch has written a wonderfull article regarding methylfolate side effects and has also given some very enlightening replies below his artcile at the comment sectio.n However I can not find out i specific reason why would methylfolate cause pain in the joints.

I personally experience join pain when taking methylfolate but it is not a generalized pain to all of my joints but rather one or two specific joints.

Gondwanaland

@zzz0r if you click the link in my sig "Uric acid" you will see a chart that shows how folate increase uric acid, which is known to cause joint pain. However, I have been chasing high uric acid for over a year just to realize that calcium oxalates are a bigger issue... Link to that under "Prebx Probx Ox".

Martial

From what I read on methyl folate before, joint pain is a common reaction. Usually because of a de tox reaction. Raised inflammation from fighting infection or dealing with other irritants that can be in the body.