• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation protocol - maintenance dose?

I am only just starting the protocol, but was wondering after you've been on it for a while (several months to years???) and got the B12 doses to as high as produces no new benefit, can you drop down to a smaller maintenance dose?

Who has been on it long term?
If so how long?
Have you tried dropping down in doses?
If so did you still maintain your previous gains?

Last edited:

ahmo

You asked for people who'd been on the protocol a couple years. I've been on Freddd's Protocol 1.5 years, at significant doses since January. I'd been on higher doses until I understood that vegetable folinic was blocking folate. From that point, in May (4 months ago) I reduced my dosages from Mfolate 25mg, MB12 30mg to my current ongoing dosages of Mfolate 15mg, MB12 20mg. Too soon for me to consider decreasing. Will I ever be able to decrease? Unknown. Might be that my system will always need this.