• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

METHYLATION: how long it is advisable to continue without improving?

nsdn

Hi.

If the treatment for methylation makes you feel bad how long it is advisable to continue without improving?

Thank you.

NotThisGuy

Hi,

1) decrease the dosage of methylation, maybe that will do it.
2) Take some potassium with methylation supplements
3) Consider changing B12 supplements. HydroxoB12, MeB12, AdenoB12.
4) Consider changing the form of B12 supplements. (Like sublingual, powder, liquid)
5) consider taking all B-Vitamins

nsdn

Hi.
By reducing the dose I realized that I was taking too much Methyltetrahydrofolate. I have reduced it and I have taken potassium (avocado and banana) and I have returned to my basal state.
Do those who are treated by treatment take it forever?
Greetings.

ukxmrv

3 months is my normal trial time if I feel worse. There are so many treatments to choose from.

I tried many variations of the program (and got lot of help from Rich VanK when he was still alive) but never improved on any of my attempts. On one attempt it took me a year to recover.

Learner1

Everyone needs methylation. We'd be dead without it.

The mistake most people make is in not testing to see what's going on and then supplementing to normalize it.

Its more than folate and MB12. You also night need B2, B6, trimethylglycine, magnesium, amino acids (cysteine, glutam8ne, glycine, and maybe methionine), molybdenum and B1. If you don't have all of those in place in the right ratios, you will very quickly run into trouble with a variety of symptoms - depression, anxiety, headache, intestinal discomfort, sulfur gas, farigue6, etc.

Even if you have everything in place, you could be mobilizing toxins you've been carrying around. If your digestive system isn't eliminating things well, you're not ingesting enough fiber, water, B1 and molybdenum) the toxins can get reabsorbed, making you feel sick. Many people take binders to bind the toxins. Having good gall bladder and liver function helps too.

As you can see, there's a lot to it, and many places to make mistakes in putting together a protocol, especially if you're pulling someone else's canned protocol from the Internet or taking some canned methylation supplement.

And, your needs may dramatically change over time. Mine have, yours will too.

The best test is the Genova Diagnostics NutrEval FMV with Amino Acids. It measures the values of all the nutrients involved.

caledonia

Click on my signature link for the document "Roadblocks to Successful Methylation Treatment" to help debug your protocol.

I've changed my methylation supplements over time. I'm currently doing a bit of methyl B12 and get my folate from leafy greens instead of a supplement. I used to need thousands of mg of potassium. After several years, that changed and I only need 50mg now.

Its more than folate and MB12. You also night need B2, B6, trimethylglycine, magnesium, amino acids (cysteine, glutam8ne, glycine, and maybe methionine), molybdenum and B1.

Can you tell me where B1 fits in to methylation? I don't see much about this on Google.