• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Maya Kowalski Verdict against Johns Hopkins in CRPS Case

hapl808

Interesting news, I thought. Initially I had some 'mild' symptoms of CRPS and found the lightest exam from doctors rather painful. What they put her and her family through is pretty remarkable but unsurprising to anyone here. Hopefully a verdict like this will make a hospital a bit less cavalier about ignoring patient concerns…but I doubt it'll have any positive impact. 'Cause I'm optimistic like that.

https://www.thecut.com/2023/11/take-care-of-maya-kowalski-verdict.html

Instead, hospital legal departments will come up with other ridiculous things and claim liability concerns. The whole system needs to be overhauled.

Tammy

I saw the Documentary and it was for sure a hard one to watch............gut wrenching at times. I'm glad the family had their day in court and won. I'm hopeful this case will have an impact in a good way.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Did they ever figure out what was wrong with her?