• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low oxalate diet info

Hope4

Desert of SW USA
EW, thanks for the link. I'm enjoying reading that site. I'm on a food plan low in amines, salicylates, and glutamates, as well as low oxalates. It makes life calmer for me.

EW, thanks for the link. I'm enjoying reading that site. I'm on a food plan low in amines, salicylates, and glutamates, as well as low oxalates. It makes life calmer for me.

WHOA!!!! that sounds intense! what does that diet plan look like? calmer sounds wonderful. like something we could all use a little more of on a regular basis...

Hope4

Desert of SW USA
Hi, EW. :) I hope you are doing well.

Emma Davies wrote up this blog about it, a few years ago. It is called The FailSafe diet, which is a nickname for the RPAH (Royal Prince Alfred Hospital) Elimination Diet.

Here is the link:

http://www.failsafediet.com

Sue Dengate, named it the FailSafe diet. She has some books, and a website on Food Intolerance.

https://www.fedup.com.au/about-us

Keeping away from manmade chemicals, and the naturally occurring food chemicals, as much as I can, has helped me tremendously.

If I go off the strict version of the FailSafe plan, the hives flare up, which shows me that there is some mast cell trouble, as well as chemical intolerance, perhaps some protein allergies, etc. Coming down with hives got me to go on this plan, and the diet is helping with other things, too.

It's a bit tedious, but I don't really mind, as I feel so much better.

Also, do you know about chanca piedra for kidney and gall bladder? It's an herb. I've used it for one of those detox cleanses. Many people say it dissolves stones. The naturopath who told me about it, said that if a person is developing stones that the urine will turn cloudy. And that if one has bladder or kidney stones, that it will break up the stones and dissolve them.

I hope you are doing well.