• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for electric reclining wheelchair, suggestions?

linusbert

i am looking for a electric wheelchair.
it should be reclining at least to 160degree.
and somewhat be comfy in lying position if that is possible.

just am right now on alibaba, looking through... but of all those products, how to find the good ones?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Do you have Craigslist where you are for a used unit? Of course you'd have to make sure it doesn't have fragrance on it from the previous owner but you could ask before going to inspect it.

???

linusbert

no, i want a "new" one. i think one of those chinese models should work, but there is always one copying from the other ... i am looking for the best.

Howard

suffering ceases when craving is removed
i am looking for a electric wheelchair.
it should be reclining at least to 160degree.
and somewhat be comfy in lying position if that is possible.

just am right now on alibaba, looking through... but of all those products, how to find the good ones?
Having had experience of a few I trust TDX. Wouldn't go near the lighter Sunrise Quickie - bits falling off, unable to handle even almost flat dropped kerbs, even struggles horribly to get onto ramps. The wheels easily lose traction and spin, and the wildly multidirectional wheels at the front spin the chair from side to side when you need the chair to go in a straight line, and then randomly twist and lock the chair hard against the sides of the ramps meaning it needs third party assistance to get unstuck. I've been trapped out in the cold and rain more times than I can count, needing random passers by to help. It's scary and I don't trust the chair at all. It's been really bad. I don't generally have those problems in the TDX, it's heavier, more stable and altogether more reliable. I've had a few issues with the control unit, but the rest works fine. On the quickie I've had a motor fail within the first year and all manner of technical issues.

linusbert

Having had experience of a few I trust TDX. Wouldn't go near the lighter Sunrise Quickie - bits falling off, unable to handle even almost flat dropped kerbs, even struggles horribly to get onto ramps. The wheels easily lose traction and spin, and the wildly multidirectional wheels at the front spin the chair from side to side when you need the chair to go in a straight line, and then randomly twist and lock the chair hard against the sides of the ramps meaning it needs third party assistance to get unstuck. I've been trapped out in the cold and rain more times than I can count, needing random passers by to help. It's scary and I don't trust the chair at all. It's been really bad. I don't generally have those problems in the TDX, it's heavier, more stable and altogether more reliable. I've had a few issues with the control unit, but the rest works fine. On the quickie I've had a motor fail within the first year and all manner of technical issues.
do you have links?

i ordered one, the wheels are not round... half of the parts were missing and actually they sent the wrong wheelchair completely missing the reclining feature. what a shit show.
though the other parts except the wheels seam to be ok from a engineering point of view.

linusbert

well... passing some time, seeing chinese quality... after thinking about a 3000 EUR chinese chair i am now thinking about getting a used high quality chair.

like a Sunrise Medical Quickie Q700 F at ebay.
or a permobil m3 corpus.

of course i need to rob a bank before... but i just call this reparations for our governments oppression of our sufferings for far too long.

Last edited:

linusbert

Hello. I have a Permobil M3 Corpus, which seems to meet your 160° requirement.

I've had the chair since August, and it functions rather impressively overall.

https://www.permobil.com/en-us/products/power-wheelchairs/permobil-m3-corpus
i got that m3 now too, even a pretty modern one.

yesterday i got a ICS tilt error which blocked all buttons so i couldnt move or change seat position. this was nasty. a restart seamed to have fixed it.

also i feel the city streets arent as good as i remembered. the wheel chair is really rough on our sidewalks.
i am now thinking if a 4wheel model would have been better for that?

do you have this? experience with this device?

Howard

i got that m3 now too, even a pretty modern one.

yesterday i got a ICS tilt error which blocked all buttons so i couldnt move or change seat position. this was nasty. a restart seamed to have fixed it.

also i feel the city streets arent as good as i remembered. the wheel chair is really rough on our sidewalks.
i am now thinking if a 4wheel model would have been better for that?

do you have this? experience with this device?

Congratulations on the chair!

Sidewalk bumps are rough, and sometimes rather jarring. My chair traverses these well, as long as they are no more than an inch high, at slower speeds.

I do not receive that particular error message, just an error having to do with my controller arm being temporarily misaligned (or something). Fortunately, it hasn't occurred in some time.

I do not have any special drive set-up on my chair.

linusbert

Congratulations on the chair!

Sidewalk bumps are rough, and sometimes rather jarring. My chair traverses these well, as long as they are no more than an inch high, at slower speeds.

I do not receive that particular error message, just an error having to do with my controller arm being temporarily misaligned (or something). Fortunately, it hasn't occurred in some time.

I do not have any special drive set-up on my chair.
you are good, 1inch (2,5cm).
i live in germany, we are seamingly a developing nation which couldnt afford yet to make somewhat disabled friendly roads and sidewalks or just even sidewalks. even driving down a sidewalk is hard for me because its so skewed and uneven. its either no elevation or a fucking bump of like 5-10cm (2-3,5inch).
i am being thrown around in that chair when i try to drive the 200meters to the park. its so exhausting because i have to constantly counter balance and use every muscle in my body for this. this is right now the most limiting factor with the wheelchair.

how do you fix those error messages?

i read horror messages of ICS errors like tilt and brake where the chair just doesnt work anymore.
one guy describes he gets the tilt error randomly on every slight slope. due to faulty sensors.
i am now panicking because i have the chair a few weeks and already this error.

Howard

how do you fix those error messages?

I do not receive those error messages often, but each time I do, restarting the chair resolves the issue.

If you can, please provide the specific error code. There's plenty of online documentation involving error codes / potential solutions. It could be something as simple as a loose cable... right? :)

linusbert

it could be something as simple as a loose cable... right? :)
it never is. at least not for me.

i contacted permobil, they refused any help, told me to contact my non existent contracted vendor. seamingly buying used chairs on ebay is nothing they want.
is this the situation, i have no one which will maintain my chair?

Howard

it never is. at least not for me.

i contacted permobil, they refused any help, told me to contact my non existent contracted vendor. seamingly buying used chairs on ebay is nothing they want.
is this the situation, i have no one which will maintain my chair?

Yeah, definitely a risk purchasing used equipment.

Next time you get the error message (code), please write it down. I may (or possibly not) be able to help. There's a fair amount of information online, and then also, I go downtown (every now and again) for minor repairs. Admittedly, I am not impressed with the staff, but...

linusbert

Yeah, definitely a risk purchasing used equipment.

Next time you get the error message (code), please write it down. I may (or possibly not) be able to help. There's a fair amount of information online, and then also, I go downtown (every now and again) for minor repairs. Admittedly, I am not impressed with the staff, but...
thanks a lot, i will write down next time.