• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Long sleeps in nite 11+ hrs

Emmarose47

Hi
I'm sleeping at the moment for 11hrs+ which I feel a little scared about.
I have gone through periods before when I sleep long but normally when I'm flaring hard.
My baseline has dropped some this past 6 mths so I can keep quite stable in tight parameters but can tip easily.
There has been a lot going on emotionally in my life past few mths so this I'm sure is a contributory factor.
It just kinda freaks me out to sleep this length of time. That I'm out for the count for that long. I feel so dopey for the rest of the day which comes with normal over sleeping yet as we know m. E cfs isnt normal.

People's experiences I'd welcome thanks

ilivewithcfs

Hi, @Emmarose47! I've just written about this in skullcap thread. I became a hypersomniac after I'd gotten CFS. And I also felt dopey and poisoned for hours after waking up. Chinese skullcap changed that for me. At least for now (I've only been taking it for a couple of days). Now I sleep for 8 hours and the dopey-feeling is 80% gone. I also have less fatigue and brain fog. I'm not celebrating anything yet, I know that a lot of CFS supplements tend to stop working with time, but I enjoy significant improvements at the moment.

I know most people take it 3 times a day and it works fine, but I'm only taking it at dinner, otherwise I get extra sleepy during the day.

Emmarose47

Nice glad u found something to help..
For me I know my body needs this extra sleep, plus been a lot of emotional stuff past couple mths..
Just freaks me out a bit to be out of it for that long... Loss of control or something

ilivewithcfs

I forgot to mention, not only I sleep less, I feel like the quality of my sleep improved significantly. I feel like it's the most important part. Before skullcap, it didn't matter how many hours I slept, I felt like hell when I woke up anyway. No things are different.

L'engle

moogle
It might be natural for this time of year and for going through a lot. Could also be thyroid or vitamin d if you haven't already had those looked into.

Sounds like your mind and body are cushioning themselves through a hard time.