• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Invest in ME May conference: Rituximab, Hornig/Metabolism, Exercise, Chia

Simon

Invest in ME Research - IIMEC10 Invest in ME Research ME Conference 2015

29th May 2015

Conference Agenda

08.55 Dr Ian Gibson - Conference Opens

09.05 Professor Ian Charles - Keynote Speech: Solving ME: What a Research Park Has to Offer in Resolving a Chronic Disease

09.30 Dr Luis Nacul - Incidence and Prevalence of ME

09.55 Dr Amolak Bansal - Diagnosis and Differential Diagnosis: Combining clinic and research

10.25 Refreshments Break

10.50 Professor Mady Hornig - Markers of Immunity and Metabolism in ME/CFS

11.25 Professor Sonya Marshall-Gradisnik Dr Don Staines tbc - Update from National Centre for Neuroimmunology and Emerging Diseases - NCNED

11.55 Dr Jo Cambridge - B-cell biology and ME/CFS

12.20 IiME Projects - Student Researchers The Next Generation

12.45 Refreshments Hot buffet Lunch

13.45 Dr Neil Harrison - Immune-Brain Communication and Relationship to Inflammation

14.10 Professor Jonas Bergquist - Proteomics in ME/CFS

14.35 Dr Claire Hutchinson - Biomarkers for ME: Visual Processing and ME/CFS

15.00 Professor Betsy Keller - Molecular markers before/after exercise/Activity guidelines to avoid symptom flares

15.00 Refreshments Break

15.25 Dr John Chia - Enterovirus Research in ME/CFS

16.15 Dr Oystein Fluge / Professor Olav Mella - Multi-centre Rituximab, Clinical Trial for ME/CFS

17.10 Plenary Will ME Be Treatable/Cured?

17.30 Dr Ian Gibson - Adjourn

Last edited:

Simon

Highlights for me are

Dr Jo Cambridge - B-cell biology and ME/CFS
presumably this is the fascinating set up work for the UK Rituximab trial, aiming to find subsets that are likely to respond

Dr Oystein Fluge / Professor Olav Mella - Multi-centre Rituximab, Clinical Trial for ME/CFS

Professor Mady Hornig - Markers of Immunity and Metabolism in ME/CFS
Mady has talked about this a lot - I'm guessing this will be presenting data from a new study

Professor Betsy Keller - Molecular markers before/after exercise/Activity guidelines to avoid symptom flares
We've seen VO2 max etc data, this looks like exploring what might be going on in the body to account for the strange exercise results.

Dr John Chia - Enterovirus Research in ME/CFS
The forgotton man of ME/CFS research - wonder if he has new data? Tony Komaroff has previously said this is one study crying out for replication.

Last edited: