• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How effective are B12 injections?

Davsey27

Curious I am down here in mexico and they have some b12 injections you can get for about 87 pesos which is roughly 5 bucks.10mg of b12 hydroxy,50 mg thiamine and B6.I was curious if something like this can put one close to remission?

Thank you

Wishful

I tried it, and it had no noticeable effect. Many years later, I tried B12 tablets, and they made me strongly suicidal. We all respond differently to things, so the only way to know how something works for you (and at this particular time) is to try it yourself. Answers for other people just don't necessarily apply.

Davsey27

I tried it, and it had no noticeable effect. Many years later, I tried B12 tablets, and they made me strongly suicidal. We all respond differently to things, so the only way to know how something works for you (and at this particular time) is to try it yourself. Answers for other people just don't necessarily apply.

Appreciate it Wishful

I have been looking for things to experiment with.

I heard b12 was a peroxynitrite scavenger

Also I met a man down here who says he reversed his
CFS by spending time sitting in the water for at least 6hrs a day

He is on his 60s and in very good shape.I think reason behind it may be that in CFS/ME there is alot of free radicals and the grounding im beach water for so long neutralizes it.I haven't experimented with this but may be worth it.

I have a volunteer position offer that I got offered at an island three hours south of where i am.There is a part of me that worries about being alone with CFS
if I made the move.If I PEM from volunteering a few hours in the day on a tiny island and realize that the trip was a waste

I am currently staying in an environment that may not be optimal for health.

A social security hearing in California in early April.
I was hoping if things improved here I wouldnt have to go back to the US

Thanks wishful

Last edited:

xebex

I have had very unpleasant reactions to b12 supplements but get about an hour of clear sharp focused thinking and improved energy after eating 1oz of liver. Liver is so disgusting I can’t bring myself to eat it more than 2-3 times a week. I do wish the effects would last longer than an hour!

Pearshaped

@xebex have you tried raw egg yolks?
(with water and a scoop protein powder like vanilla or chocolate- not disgusting at all)
@Davsey it seems to have helped quite a bunch of ppl.But it is hydroxyB12...so im not sure..There are lots of threads about B12.
I react badly to oral B12 so i try to get the stuff from food.
good luck