• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How come a have oral herpes outbreak while on Isoprinosine

Hello all,

I've got no earlier experience of antiviral therapy, and this question might sound stupid to you with more knowledge on how it works. The reason I'm asking for help I wan't to obliterate a tiny suspicion that the Isopronosin (Groprinosin) that I bought from My-LifeSpan could be a falsification.

I'm on a real high on/off dose of Iso, following the well known protocol used to push back any viral activity that could cause a state of chronic fatigue. That means, on a week like this, 4 grams a dag. Still I god two herpes blisters two days ago. It's been a year since the last outbreak, which makes it kind of strange. On the other hand this outbreak is unusually mild and the sores are already healing.

Now, should it be possible to have oral herpes under such high dose of antivirals?

Thanks,

Ulf