• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High CoQ10?

almost

Does anyone else have high CoQ10 despite not supplementing? Or, know what this may mean?
I have high levels and did not supplement at the time. The NutrEval Support Guide says the only non-supplemental reason is hypothyroidism. I would add "that they know of," of course, as my own case shows. My thyroid levels are in the lower portion of laboratory range, but they are in range.

I believe it is the body's response to oxidative stress. CoQ10 is the only liposoluable antioxidant we synthesize. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257126/

Makes sense to me, if you have high oxidative stress due to whatever (including NO/ONOO we both probably share), the body will produce high levels of defenses. There are many sources of oxidative stress.

Last edited:
You can get Q10 from eating organ meat, so if your a big liver eater or maybe heart eater than it could increase your q10 levels??
I don’t eat organ meat. I’m going to say it’s been shut out of the cells and is circulating in blood. Now how to get it IN cells? 🤔

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I don’t eat organ meat. I’m going to say it’s been shut out of the cells and is circulating in blood. Now how to get it IN cells? 🤔

I'm at a loss, although you can get certain nutrients tested inside the cell like Q10 but I don't think the test is cheap though.

Purely of the top of my head, I'd look at other ATP/mito cofactors like methyl B vitamins, Creatine, l carnitine, ribose etc. Next I'd try low dose Q10 multiple times a day eg 50mg say 6 times a day with a fishoil oil tab to help absorption. Fish oil can also help the cell membranes allow nutrients cross them into the cell. Maybe start taking desiccated liver tablets with Q10 to make sure they have the cofactors needed by Q10. But that's Purely off the top of my head though.

Good luck👍

lenora

If you're over 60 (I believe) you should be taking Ubiquinol, a form of Q10 that is more easily absorbed.

Again, as we age it seems that we all have some blood disorder or other. An oncologist does the most thorough testing fyi. Yours, Lenora