• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

HIF-1 and ATP Production

gregh286

hi guys,
interesting read from some years back.
Didnt see much discussion about that gene on here but seems very closely tied to our conditions and how it is capable to shut down mito function for protection.
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/Press_releases/2006/03_07_06.html

“The unexpected discovery is that this genetic switch actively shuts off the mitochondrion under low oxygen conditions, apparently to protect cells from mitochondrial toxic oxygen pollutants,” said...

A metabolic switch:
“Instead, HIF-1 acts as a genetic switch to actively shut down mitochondrial function and prevent the production of reactive oxygen species.

There are available inhibitors and activators for HIF-1
https://www.abcam.com/reagents/hif-inhibitors-and-activators

Last edited:

gregh286

Yea.
Seems vitexin seems a good inhibtor of this hif1 animal.
Going to try copious Hawthorne extract. I dont get bad reactions to supplement much...so dont have a Guinea pig problem.
Seems.only natural source of Hif1 inhibitors.

frozenborderline

Where did you get that baicalin info from....
Wonder if anyone is close to Ron's team send him the info...see what they think.
I think this info about baivalin is in the literature, but you can check it yourself. Travis is very knowledge. You’re free to forward that idea to Ron. I don’t really have energy to do so atm