• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help With Methylation Protocol

Hi guys. This is my second post i think. I've been reading up on Fredds, amy yasko and Richs protocol and i am so so so confused on the dosages etc. Please find below the protocol i have copied to my notes to follow. Also note that i have added Iodine, selinium and molybdium (Molybdate salt)+ Lithium orotate as well into the mix which i read somewhere else.
I have autism and ADHD so when i start reading up i cant remember or i get distracted. Similarly i get confused about the doses. Would have been much easier if it said to take X amount of tablets. Now i will have to calculate and then forget what i was actually doing.
I would appreciate the help ALOT. I am also thinking to do the Toxic metal protocol as well but am unfamiliar with it. Also thinking of reading 'the dirty genes' but i fear it will go over me. Might anyone suggest i get in touch with Practitioners who follow BEN lynch protocol? In reality i think that the following protocol will improve my methylation process alot. I just need to ensure that which pathway is blocked and which gene is responsible forexample my MTHFR gene is 40% less active so i will have to take 5-MTHF also called Methyl-folate to bypass this step. In any case, as you can imagine, this is too much info for me to handle given my condition.
Oh and please have a look at my Methylation and Detox profiles

Week 1: Vitamins A and D (11,000 IU and 3000-5000 IU respectively)

• Vitamin C at 4000+ mg per day
  • B vitamin complex with P5P, biotin, and pantethine (without cyano B12 or folic acid)
  • 1:1 magnesium:calcium supplement
  • Zinc, 50 mg per day
  • Omega 3 fatty acids, 2-6 caps per day
  • Optional: Glycophospholipids, additional pantethine, multimineral supplements, alpha-lipoic acid, D-Ribose, CoQ-10
Week 2: Start with 15-20 mg per day of Methylcobalamin (MeB12)

• Start with 10 mg per week of Adenosylcobalamin (AdoB12)
  • Titrate methylfolate starting at 1 mg
  • Adjust potassium levels as needed
  • If symptoms of folate or potassium deficiency persist, lower intake of vitamin B1, B2, and B3 as needed.
Week 4: Titrate L-carnitine fumarate (LCF) to effectiveness:

• Start with 125 mg per day
  • Aim for 500-1000 mg per day
  • Stop increasing when an increase of 250 mg makes no difference.
Titrate SAM-e:

• Start with 100 mg per day
  • Increase to 200-600 mg per day
Titrate TMG:

• Start with 250 mg or less
  • Discontinue if it does not produce any noticeable effects.
Titrate biotin.

Perform the CNS Penetration Test to determine the entry of B12s into the cerebrospinal fluid:

• Use 2 tablets of MeB12, adding one each half hour to the total.
  • Wait a few days after the previous test and try 50 mg AdoB12 (2 tablets), adding one each half hour to the total.

Attachments

• Genetic_Genie_Detox_Profile_n_a.pdf
    52.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Genetic_Genie_Methylation_Profile_n_a.pdf
    72.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator: