• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

help with genomic results

cigana

Hi,
I tried a couple of years ago to get help understanding my results, with not much luck, hopefully now there is a bit more expertise on this forum. If anybody could help interpret these results, perhaps into yasko format or something else which will help with google searches (the notation of my results seems very rare):

CYP1A2*C: wtwt
CYP1A2*F: mtmt
MTHFR A1298C: AC
MTHFR C677T: CC
MTR A2756G: AA
MTRR A66G: GG

The lab was "Laboratoire Reunis". Also, how important are the " *C " and " *F " of rthe CYP snp's, what do they signify?

Thankyou.

caledonia

wt = wild type, which is the type held by most of the population, so that's considered normal
mt = mutant type

http://snpedia.com/index.php/Rs762551

CYP1A2C wtwt
CYP1A2F mtmt

These control caffeine metabolizing. If you have CYP1A2C you're a slow metabolizer, if you have CYP1A2F you're a fast metabolizer. However, snpedia says that wild type for this SNP is actually rarer, so it's not normal, it's a mutation. So I'm totally confused as to whether you're a slow or fast caffeine metabolizer.
-=-=-=-=-=-=

A1298C +/-
C677T -/-
MTR A2756G -/- (I think. Most people have AA, so that would appear to be the wildtype.)
MTRR A66G +/+

=-=-=-=

Hopefully, somebody else can chime in, and confirm or deny.