• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Heat intolerance

BeautifulDay

It's that time of year! I step out the door and the heat and humidity bring my entire system crashing down. My brain stops working, my legs are cramping, I'm woozy and dizzy just 10 minutes outside in the shade or walking to my car. It's brutal. And every year I forget exactly how bad it is until the bricks all fall on me. Time to up my game to get things done earlier in the morning.

Does anyone else forget exactly how bad their heat intolerance is until it hits?

Andryr

I don't. My heat intolerance had actually started 15 before I got sick with CFS symptoms. I wonder if those had been the early signs of the subsequent illness.

hapl808

My heat intolerance started right when my ME/CFS symptoms started after some illness in SE Asia. Over the years, my heat intolerance got worse and worse. I've also in recent years found that my constant brain fog feels exactly like heat stroke that just never gets better.

BeautifulDay

Do you live in areas with cold winters? I do. I'm best in the fall and spring. By the time summer comes back around, my brain has forgotten how off the rails my fatigue goes in the summer. Then boom, it feels like every ounce of blood has been drained from my body.