• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Have My Gene Sequencing Data - Now What?

Just got my gene tests results from Genos. I've seen a few genes to look at for variants. Does someone have a more comprehensive way I can use my data?

Thanks.

Research 1st

Severe ME, POTS & MCAS.
Hi. You can use websites that interpret the results so you can search your huge data file, although I haven't got mine back yet to describe how to do this, sorry.

Promethease is popular.

There's also research grade software here, you can use for a trial so for a limited time it's free:
Enlis

For a much easier to understand automated report, that's of course nowhere near as useful as inputting data manually, but is presented in a clear cut manner for a limited set of diseases you can buy these apps. Just search the website and see what they look for.

Sequencing.com

Hope that helps a bit, and I'll use them myself once I get my result I'm sure and tell you how I got on.

Last edited: