• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gene GJA1

wastwater

I was looking at this gene as it maybe related to my rare genetic condition and was wondering if it could be important for ME/cfs.The GJ bit means Gap Junction and then connexin protein I think of which there are many types this one is related to the heart and might be important for those with POTS.Ive not seen gap junctions and connexins mentioned much I wonder if its worth looking at

wastwater

Im not sure about the SNP or RS as I've never done the 23andme testing.Im trying to get on the genome uk project

wastwater

This is my very rare 1 in 200,000 genetic disorder http://www.malacards.org/card/axenfeld_rieger_syndrome.There are many interesting things about it and I wonder if it may hold clues for autism and ME/cfs as many people with it report fatigue states from wondering if they have MS to fibromyalgia to childhood severe fatigue,it mentions vid D,Glutamate and Doxycycline maybe that's to do with microglial activation.Leukemia,prostate and Breast cancer are all loosely linked to it too.Connexins are important in the heart eyes and brain

Last edited: