• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

flu shots - have you reconsidered this year?

peggy-sue

I've had one really bad 'flu since I got ill. It was dreadful - but the payback for it afterwards lasted ages.
So a "2 week illness" really did me in for 3 months or more.

I do understand the fear of other sick folk - they should be confined to their houses until they are better!:devil:

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
However, my reaction to having stuff injected into me is not something therapy could deal with.
It is a normal and rational response.:p
After all - the biggest killer of all time is malaria. You get that via having alien stuff injected into you.
I quite agree. It gives me the heebie-jeebies just to see an IV in someone else. I really hate it when they remove whatever is being injected and just leave the needle hanging out of the arm. This does limit my treatment options.