• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

EBV DRUGS VS. NSAID's AINTIINFLAMMATORIES

osisposis

Am J Case Rep. 2016 Feb 14;17:84-8.
Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Quickly Resolve Symptoms Associated with EBV-Induced Infectious Mononucleosis in Patients with Atopic Predispositions.

In these cases, given the atopic predispositions of the patients, an enhanced immunological response was likely to be mainly responsible for the pathogenesis of the symptoms. In such cases, NSAIDs, that are known to reduce the activity of EBV, may dramatically improve the deteriorating symptoms quickly after the initiation. In the present cases, the immunosuppressive property of these drugs was considered to suppress the activity of lymphocytes and thus provide the rapid and persistent remission of the disease.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26874639

osisposis

CAN ANY DOCTOR OUT THERE SAY THE WORDS CHEMICAL INTOLERANCE, MCS, AND BACK UP THE LONG AGO REALIZATION THAT AT LEAST A SUBSET OF ME/CFS'ERS ARE SICK FROM CHEMICAL EXPOSURE? OR IS THIS ONLY GOOD ENOUGH FOR GULF WAR VETS AND NOT THE GENERAL PUBLIC WHO HAS SUFFERED CHEMICAL EXPOSURE? RATHER DISAPOINTED IN MONTOYA, TRAVELED SO FAR TO GO THERE, JUST TO HEAR "WE DONT DEAL WITH THAT" ? REALLY! SO GIVE ME A PRESCRIPTION FOR VALTREX, AND TELL ME "WE DONT DEAL WITH THAT " WHEN I SAY BUT I HAVE MCS AND HAVE HAD SO MANY BAD REACTIONS TO TRIED DRUGS, REALLY? GUESS WE STILL KISSING THE CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES ASS! SO LETS SEE IF ONCE AGAIN FOLLOWING MEDICAL SCIENCE PROTOCAL NOT TO DEAL WITH THE CAUSE, JUST TREAT, NOT TO VOCALLY SAY THE CAUSE, JUST TREAT, REALLY? WTF! INCASE NO BODY IS GETTING IT, VALTREX OR A NSAID'S ANTIINFLAMMATORY IS GOING TO HAVE BASICLY THE SAME OUTCOME IN RELIEF, VALTREX DOES NOT CURE EBV! SAYS RIGHT THERE IN THE PAPERS WITH PRESCRIPTION, THIS DRUG DOES NOT CURE HERPES INFECTIONS!

osisposis

NOW SEEING AS STANFORDS ME/CFS CLINIC IS TESTING FOR HERPES VIRUSES AND AS FAR BACK AS 1994 THIS WAS RECONIZED IN GWI, AND PEOPLE WITH CHEMICAL EXPOSURE THAT END UP WITH MCS FALL IN THE SAME BOAT AS GWI VET'S , YOU'D THINK SOMEWHERE LIKE STANFORD WOULD BE DEALING WITH THIS! CAN WE SAY THE WORDS CHEMICAL EXPOSURE AND MCS?