• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Peter Rowe "Managing OI" video from Sept 2010

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I don't remember this excellent CFIDS Association webinar video at all from two years ago and in case anyone missed it, here's the link:

Plus a link to Dr Rowe's clinic's extensive info sheet on OI:

http://www.cfids.org/webinar/cfsinfo2010.pdf

It's so info-packed I'm going to have to give both a careful re-watching/reading but one thing I like from the video is 45 minutes in and is a slide showing a rather fab new range of compression garments, very unlike my hideous, highly medical-looking Jobst compression hose which exert so much tension that I had to keep resting while trying to pull them on, plus they did my back in due the force I had to exert while pulling them onn, and when I tried to walk in them, pulled themselves down and even started pulling my trousers down with them when I was so unwise as to attempt to wear them outdoors.

But on this slide, there are some sheer Jobst tights (they're called Jobst ultra-sheer stockings and they're on US Amazon), a Spanx bodyshaper that goes from above the knee to under the bust (hard luck, guys) and so provides abdominal compression, and an UnderArmour Recharge suit (hard luck, gals) which is one of several (I think) compression garments that athletics outfitters are coming up with because compression is supposed to improve performance or recovery or something.

He's coming at this from the angle of persuading teenagers with OI who are fashion-conscious to wear compression garments but I would just like a compression garment that I have the strength to get into! I've since been looking at other bodyshapers (for women) and have found some that stop under the bust but have shoulder straps, which might be useful for keeping everything where it should be, such as this passionkiller (there are much cheaper ones):

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs...58010424586_-1?breadcrumb=Home~txtbody+shaper

Sparrow

I didn't watch the video, but did skim through the pdf. Excellent resource! That will be great to have on hand for my doctor.