• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Karl Morten's talk on ‘Understanding the Underlying Biology Behind ME/CFS’

Atlas

"And the last enemy to be destroyed is death."
Dr Karl Morten spoke at the ME Support New Zealand AGM (November 2023).

[From video summary:]
"This is a video of Dr Karl Morten's talk on ‘Understanding the Underlying Biology Behind ME/CFS’ at our 10th AGM, 2023, on the 11th of November 2023."

"In this video he also talks about: his research into identifying fatigue associated blood factors in ME/CFS, developing a blood cell-based diagnostic test for this illness, the importance of chronic Infections in chronic disease, the potential role of mitochondria and our microbiome."

[Link to the Presentation Slides from the talk:]
https://tinyurl.com/Dr-Morten-Slides

Last edited:

Atlas

"And the last enemy to be destroyed is death."
I have not watched it all yet but there is some interesting stuff on why he thinks a "low level" infectious causal factor is quite possibile. Such as elevated CAMP/IL27, evidence of monocyte activation,
"human endogenous retroviral reactivation".

He also discusses some new data which showed a relatively high level of L form bacteria in the blood of ME/CFS and even more in ME/CFS+FM patients.

And how a large proportion of Scottish patients in fact appear to have Borrelia.

Last edited: