• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: Prof Sharpe's Pre-Hearing Briefing for Monaghan

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2018/07/02/t...or-sharpes-pre-hearing-briefing-for-monaghan/

Trial By Error: Professor Sharpe’s Pre-Hearing Briefing for Monaghan
2 JULY 2018
By David Tuller, DrPH

Update: Lucibee has done what I didn’t want to bother to do. Here’s her annotated version of Professor Sharpe’s statement:

https://lucibee.wordpress.com/2018/...for-the-21-june-2018-westminster-hall-debate/

Before last month’s hearing in Westminster Hall, Professor Michael Sharpe sent the following briefing notes to Carol Monaghan MP. To anyone who knows the details of the PACE scandal, it is immediately evident that the document is full of half-truths, untruths, misrepresentations and absurd arguments. It repeats the kind of irrelevant and non-responsive responses the PACE investigators and their defenders have raised repeatedly–and remarkably have gotten away with, at least until the last couple of years.

I could easily make a point-by-point rebuttal to these briefing notes, as I did to the arguments the PACE investigators raised after the publication of my initial 15,000-word investigation, but I’m not going to bother this time. It’s a waste of energy. The momentum is clear–the PACE era is coming to its much-deserved end. Except for the dwindling ranks of the CBT/GET ideological brigades, no one in this field takes Professor Sharpe’s assertions at face value anymore. Poor guy! He just seems incapable of acknowledging or coming to grips with the new reality. He must be having a difficult time of it.