• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Deadlocked

pamojja

Right now the time release vitamin C (which contains fillers) is my only option to sleep; ascorbic acid doesn't help the same way.

Why you think it is that way? Could it be that by sustained release you maintain higher serum vitamin C longer throughout sleep, which drops very fast if taken at the same amount of regular vitamin C? However, having higher levels maintained for longer could also be accomplished with higher doses of ascorbic acid powder. I would experiment.

outdamnspot

Why you think it is that way? Could it be that by sustained release you maintain higher serum vitamin C longer throughout sleep, which drops very fast if taken at the same amount of regular vitamin C? However, having higher levels maintained for longer could also be accomplished with higher doses of ascorbic acid powder. I would experiment.

I'm not sure. I've always been extremely sensitive to medication and supplements. Niacin and melatonin used to give me issues too (when I could take them), but the time-release versions were much more gentle and calming for sleep purposes.