• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Christmas worries (again)

Jemima37

@Jemima37 I think you have probably POTS with NMH(Neurally mediated hypotension) Or OH(Orthostatic hypotension) when You have OH your BP starts dropping continuously upon standing(normal would be BP drops a bit upon standing and within a minute goes up again and stbilizes.)
When you have NMH your BP starts to drop continuously after standing for a few minutes.With Pots you have mainly a racing heart,but BP would not drop continuously.This is why it would be important to measure it.there is medication for that.(but works not for all to be honest)
My BP doesnt drop. Once my HR rises my BP also rises I've checked. Mainly it's the HR thay rises for me though and I just feel very woozy, hot and breathless. I can feel faint yet soon as I sit and take BP immediately its raised a bit more than normal. 138/80 ish and my regular is 111/68 ish. Thats only if I'm upright 10 minutes ish. Ties in with pots a lot and the warm pooling red feet I sometimes get too.

Jemima37

I love your tree too! Very nice!..............and like how the bottom of it is in a basket. Your room................what little I see of it seems to be beautiful too. Sending warm hugs and hoping that you can have some peace with whatever ends up happening at Christmas.:hug:[/QUO

THANK
I love your tree too! Very nice!..............and like how the bottom of it is in a basket. Your room................what little I see of it seems to be beautiful too. Sending warm hugs and hoping that you can have some peace with whatever ends up happening at Christmas.:hug:
Thank you so much Tammy. I appreciate that.

Merry Christmas to you xoxo

Jemima37

Thank you all so much for your kind replies and comments on my tree.

I couldn't decorate last year and it upset me so I filly understand.

Out if the blue Saturday had 12 hours of panic, thats not happened in a long time. I'm ok now but it triggered a cfs crash understandably so. The anxiety has calmed 80% but now I'm crashed in my body, arms especially and since the panic I've had a stye on my top eyelid that today it's really sore and a bit swollen. Not had one in years. Im trying home remedies I've googled. That panic wrecked my body Haha. Ive managed a hair wash yesterday and shower today so I'm happy despite how crap I feel. I may have to rest on my bed Christmas day a lot but I'm doing my best considering the crash and bad eye lol.

I've managed a ait down in my living room at the weekend though. Achievement. I took a photo. Not often I feel up to that but I'm doing my best cfs and all.

I hope you all have a great Christmas. Sending you all my love.

Attachments

• IMG_20191221_193646_252.jpg
    IMG_20191221_193646_252.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20191223_190420_992.jpg
    IMG_20191223_190420_992.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20191215_201025_915.jpg
    IMG_20191215_201025_915.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 6

Rebeccare

Moose Enthusiast
I'm sorry to hear that you had a panic attack. Thank heavens they're so infrequent now! I imagine that stress about the holidays could be a contributing factor. But so glad that you were able to wash up in spite of it! If you're exhausted, it's such a luxury to feel clean!

Your living room looks so lovely and cozy! You've decorated it so beautifully! I'm glad that you were able to spend some time there. It's incredible how far you've come in the past year!

By the way, have you seen this thread: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...-to-as-long-or-as-short-as-you-need-to.78700/? I know that Christmas is less than a day away, but there can still be more ups and downs in that time. This thread is a great place to share them and support others who are having similar struggles!

YippeeKi YOW !!

Tis the night before Christmas,
And all through the house,
Not a creature is stirring …
Ahem ….. not a creature is stirring …..

I SAID, “NOT A CREATURE IS STIRRING … “
1577269358237-png.35773

So from our house to yours
On this calm, Holy night.
May next year be filled

With all that's beautiful and bright

1577269408924-png.35774

Jemima37

I'm sorry to hear that you had a panic attack. Thank heavens they're so infrequent now! I imagine that stress about the holidays could be a contributing factor. But so glad that you were able to wash up in spite of it! If you're exhausted, it's such a luxury to feel clean!

Your living room looks so lovely and cozy! You've decorated it so beautifully! I'm glad that you were able to spend some time there. It's incredible how far you've come in the past year!

By the way, have you seen this thread: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...-to-as-long-or-as-short-as-you-need-to.78700/? I know that Christmas is less than a day away, but there can still be more ups and downs in that time. This thread is a great place to share them and support others who are having similar struggles!
Thank you so much rebecca. Merry Christmas to you xoxo