• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chinese HIV-like virus patient Long-term renewal

lenora

Aren't there any high protein foods that you can eat? e.g. Greek yogurt, eggs, milk or offshoots of milk Like almond milk)....to make a custard? Also, boiling beef marrow bones (see your butcher, not a grocery store butcher). The marrow can be eaten and is a good way to get protein. The broth can be delicious.

True, the bones are expensive and definitely shouldn't be bones meant for dogs, but they can be ordered. At one time they used to be given away, but.....! In past times this was always used for treating invalids....no one would complain about it unless they're vegetarian. Sometimes it's hard to think of things to eat. Yours, Lenora

Aren't there any high protein foods that you can eat? e.g. Greek yogurt, eggs, milk or offshoots of milk Like almond milk)....to make a custard? Also, boiling beef marrow bones (see your butcher, not a grocery store butcher). The marrow can be eaten and is a good way to get protein. The broth can be delicious.

True, the bones are expensive and definitely shouldn't be bones meant for dogs, but they can be ordered. At one time they used to be given away, but.....! In past times this was always used for treating invalids....no one would complain about it unless they're vegetarian. Sometimes it's hard to think of things to eat. Yours, Lenora
At first I started farting a lot and then my gut seemed to be blocked and my fart belly was so big that I thought high-protein food would be harder for me to digest

lenora

Yes, that's pretty common with us....headaches, that is. The weather often has a lot to do with them and it takes some figuring out. Yours, Lenora

Hello everyone, I am from China and I also suffer from this disease, it is really bad, I developed pharyngitis, joint ringing, joint pain, swollen lymph nodes, fatigue. Can't get relief
Have a terrible headache
hello,i am from China chengdu

lenora

Yes, of course we're here. It's too bad that we can't do more to comfort you.

Each of us has come to terms with this illness in our own way. Some have travelled far and away hoping to find answers. The reason there are so few now, is that researchers can't locate a needed biomarker, thus treatments lag.

Many of us have turned to vitamins, herbs and supplements....it's up to the individual. However, be cautious and actually study what you're taking before you take it.

My guess is that what you think of as the Chinese AIDS is actually what we suffer from, ME or CFS/FM (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia). I've had these myself and can assure you that FM causes severe pain in many cases. There are drugs like Lyrica or Gabapentin which have helped me considerably. Others have discovered other therapies. Exercise is definitely a no-no for us. It's not at all unusual to have a sore throat and swollen lymph nodes. Things come and go, but they certainly don't go at once.

You may feel horrid, I have no doubt of that. Try to comfort yourself in some way...that's the best advice I can offer. Whether it's music, meditation, reading...just something.

If you have problems with anxiety/panic attacks (and many of us do), make some calls and find out who can help you in China. Good luck. Yours, Lenora

I am desperately ill, in two years I developed diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure, kidney problems, night vision problems and many others. I fell ill on 10/06/2021, after partially unprotected sexual intercourse, receptive oral sex

Ícone Verificada pela comunidade

lenora

Well, I'm 77 and I developed the same things in probably 6 mos. We may go periods without any new additions and then boom!....they seem to happen all at once. I won't go into my many additional problems, but don't assume a worst case scenario. Better health to you. Yours, Lenora