• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chaga Tea, dramatic but temporary

frozenborderline

Allithiamine and high doses, like 2 g, of thiamine hcl both seemed helpful on past but allithiamine more practical.

frozenborderline

Liposomal melatonin seemed to help with sleep.

Thymosin alpha 1 seemed to help with feelings of inflammation especially when reacting to environmental stuff negatively. I also use it as general preventative for colds and flus and stuff.

frozenborderline

I recall chinese skullcap being helpful for general brain fog and bad reactions to sun (dizziness, etc, supposedly related to inflammation and porphyria )

GlassCannonLife

Liposomal melatonin seemed to help with sleep.

Thymosin alpha 1 seemed to help with feelings of inflammation especially when reacting to environmental stuff negatively. I also use it as general preventative for colds and flus and stuff.

What dosage do you (or did you) use for the TA-1?

I'm waiting on some at the moment. Constantly getting colds from our 2 year old so really looking forward to that aspect of it lol aside from being tentatively optimistic it might help in general.

perchance dreamer

I tried chaga tea several years ago. I bought the chunks and let them steep 3 or 4 hours. Although I drank it in the morning, I couldn't sleep that night. The same thing happened when I tried it on a couple of other occasions.

I've read it has adaptogen properties, and adaptogens often disturb my sleep, so maybe that's why.

frozenborderline

What dosage do you (or did you) use for the TA-1?

I'm waiting on some at the moment. Constantly getting colds from our 2 year old so really looking forward to that aspect of it lol aside from being tentatively optimistic it might help in general.
I dont know. It was syringes and vials from. Compounded pharmacy ordered by my doctor. I just took the amount of liquid as ordered, put in the syringe and took it .

frozenborderline

I tried chaga tea several years ago. I bought the chunks and let them steep 3 or 4 hours. Although I drank it in the morning, I couldn't sleep that night. The same thing happened when I tried it on a couple of other occasions.

I've read it has adaptogen properties, and adaptogens often disturb my sleep, so maybe that's why.
I've never heard of it being a stimulant, that is strange

GlassCannonLife

I dont know. It was syringes and vials from. Compounded pharmacy ordered by my doctor. I just took the amount of liquid as ordered, put in the syringe and took it .

That's a shame. Do you remember if you did it daily or weekly? Compounded makes me think it was still straight TA-1 and not the pharma version, right? I believe the pharma one is pegylated or modified in some other way to improve half life and allow less frequent dosing.

frozenborderline

Compounded makes me think it was still straight TA-1 and not the pharma version, right? I
Idk. It was called thymosin alpha 1. I believe that's all it was. I've heard a brand name called thymalin for some types of thymosin talked about I'd that's what you mean ... it wasnt called that. Just thymosin alpha 1.

frozenborderline

A diet low in pufas and consisting mostly of saturated fats, fruit sugars, or simple starches such as potatoes plus fish or meat protein. And low in gluten. It didnt give dramatic improvements but helped prevent extra brain fog from inflammatory reactions to the food.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
For the D or L version, which do you think would be more beneficial for mental fatigue, mental PEM, etc. My mood isn't a particular issue, but working on something that requires concentration can give me PEM for a couple days afterward.

I'm sorry. I never answered you on this. Julia Ross uses it for pain and sometime emotional pain in her patients. She said for some people the DL version causes insomnia so she recommended the D version for those patients.

I'm not sure what the L version by itself would do.

I use D version.