• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Burning and tingling in brain?

about a month and a half ago I contracted herpes simplex type 2 from a girl I was dating . I've had chronic fatigue symptoms for years so my immune system isn't very strong .

when I started getting symptoms I got a really bad panic attack and felt a burning /tingling sensation move up my neck into the back of my brain and top of head , that night I felt the sensation move to my right arm and leg . The next day I noticed my voice was slightly slurred which has been getting worse weak and I'm getting weakness and cramping all over especially after eating . I'm having dizziness and vision issues as well as nausea and fatigue . Pain in liver area and kidneys and I've lost 12 pounds in the last month . Also burning sensation in different areas including face .

Also my stress response has changed. I can't watch tv or drive a car or do anyging overstimulating without it flaring these symptoms up even though I feel calm when I'm doing these things .

I believe herpes virus has made its way into my brain but my immune system isn't strong enough to produce meningitis so the symptoms are chronic .

The virus got into my sinuses and right eye as well. When I eat histamine rich foods it flares the virus, should I keep eating histamine foods to flare it in hopes of my immune system mounting a fever and proper attack ? Or will I just do more damage by letting virus replicate ?

Would IVIG help this ? I've read it causes meningitis episodes in people which I think is what I need to clear the virus . Would the antibodies reach the brain ? I know they can't affect dormant virus in nerves but would it be able to clear virus in brain? Is IVIG immune boosting or suppressing ? There's conflicting info

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/ind...o-stuff-like-burning-pain-and-tingling.14528/

That user had almost identical symptons to me and he talks about using valtrex in his posts so I'm guessing his was herpes simplex too. His last post talks about using IVIG but than he hasn't been heard from since . Anyone know how to get a hold of him ?

I really appreciate any advice or replies

Last edited:
Also I forgot to add that I seem to be stuck in th2 immune response . I have thrush on tongue and fungal rashes in feet and on thigh . I make high IGG antibodies to viral infections for Epstein Barr my igg was 362.

Would immune boosting herbs like echinacea help ?

crypt0cu1t

IG: @crypt0cu1t
about a month and a half ago I contracted herpes simplex type 2 from a girl I was dating . I've had chronic fatigue symptoms for years so my immune system isn't very strong .

when I started getting symptoms I got a really bad panic attack and felt a burning /tingling sensation move up my neck into the back of my brain and top of head , that night I felt the sensation move to my right arm and leg . The next day I noticed my voice was slightly slurred which has been getting worse weak and I'm getting weakness and cramping all over especially after eating . I'm having dizziness and vision issues as well as nausea and fatigue . Pain in liver area and kidneys and I've lost 12 pounds in the last month . Also burning sensation in different areas including face .

Also my stress response has changed. I can't watch tv or drive a car or do anyging overstimulating without it flaring these symptoms up even though I feel calm when I'm doing these things .

I believe herpes virus has made its way into my brain but my immune system isn't strong enough to produce meningitis so the symptoms are chronic .

The virus got into my sinuses and right eye as well. When I eat histamine rich foods it flares the virus, should I keep eating histamine foods to flare it in hopes of my immune system mounting a fever and proper attack ? Or will I just do more damage by letting virus replicate ?

Would IVIG help this ? I've read it causes meningitis episodes in people which I think is what I need to clear the virus . Would the antibodies reach the brain ? I know they can't affect dormant virus in nerves but would it be able to clear virus in brain? Is IVIG immune boosting or suppressing ? There's conflicting info

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/ind...o-stuff-like-burning-pain-and-tingling.14528/

That user had almost identical symptons to me and he talks about using valtrex in his posts so I'm guessing his was herpes simplex too. His last post talks about using IVIG but than he hasn't been heard from since . Anyone know how to get a hold of him ?

I really appreciate any advice or replies
From my understanding, IVIG in low dose is considered to be more immune boosting, while high dose IVIG is immune modulating.

Would you be doing IVIG because you feel the virus triggered an autoimmune response or do you feel the virus itself is causing issues?

From my understanding, IVIG in low dose is considered to be more immune boosting, while high dose IVIG is immune modulating.

Would you be doing IVIG because you feel the virus triggered an autoimmune response or do you feel the virus itself is causing issues?
My immune system seems to be low , I had a low grade fever 98.9 for a few days and my normal body temp is 97.7. I believe the virus itself is causing the issues .

Should I continue eating histamine rich foods and flare the virus in hopes of getting a proper immune response ? The problem is that it's in my right eye and sinuses too and I get pain in shoulders and liver when it flares or will that just make things worse and further run down immune system ?

Last edited:
Is there any way one of the mods would be able to help me get in contact with the user who had same stuff going on tiredlight? He hasn't been on here in several years ...