• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best App for Medication reminders?

JasonPerth

Hi All, im about to start an intensive large unique 8 protocol. Regarding genetics, Oats, Oligoscan results.

There will be about 20-30 supps a day, some x2. And some with increasing units each week

I cant handle a protocol this large very well with all the timing, with food, away from food. And i dont own a printer to print an excell sheet for a visable protocol.

Im wondering what the best apps are for a timetable/protocol/reminder to take tablet?

The other issue i have with apps is what happens if i miss a notification?:(

I already put it all into the Health App on the Iphone but i just dont think its enough.

One thing ive considered is getting a Label Machine and instead of naming all the supplements by their long names, to just name them A,B,C,D

Any suggestions or apps would be appreciated! I really dont want to mess this up or miss a time

linusbert

i use ticktick app, its for all major operating systems. but i dont take 20 supplements, i have only 5 things in the list.

but in your case, this sounds more like a project than a todo, i would use a kanban board. it gives you visual oversight about all todos/tasks you do in a certain time frame. usual the tasks go from left to right, where towards right means completion. btw. TickTick also can do kanban boards.
looks like this:
bmc

the columns can be any number and any name you like.

your tasks would be your supplements you take.

and for time you can do the horizontal swimlanes, make for example 'morning' , 'launch', 'evening'.

you do not need a computer or software to do this, you can use a whiteboard, or just your plain wall and arrange post-its with your hands.
or a magnetic board or pin board or something.
and in the morning you move all tasks back to the left.

Another app which can do this, and is dedicated to kanban boards is Trello https://trello.com/
for the swimlanes you would need a plugin/powerup named BlueCat.

this could look like this:
1698390257666.png

you see immediately that i am about to take vitamin D , morning is complete, and evening is still up.
if you forget one thing you would see it.

Last edited:

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
You might also consider just getting a pill box and measuring them out once a week. Maybe one like THIS (I don't know if that's a good one though so do research. Maybe you would need a jumbo one.) There are some with timers on them as well.

I also use permanent markers in different colors to write part of the name on the lids of the bottles. I think I bought something like THESE.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@JasonPerth - I take way more than 30 pills a day, and I'm with @Judee - I use a 7-day pill dispenser, only I use one dispenser a day - e.g., I take pills 6 times a day - before breakfast, after breakfast, before lunch, after, with dinner, before bed, so each of the days has the pills for each time slot in it. And I'm used to going to my pill dispenser to take the necssary pills for that time. I'll fill four of them at a time, so have 4 days worth sorted.

Here's what I use: https://www.amazon.com/BUG-HULL-Org..._pt_sub_1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9yaGZfeW95

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000537JQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also you can find cheaper ones, I do need the extra large ones because of the obscene amount of supplemnets I take!

Mary

Moderator Resource
I also take pills at bedtime AND middle of the night trying to go back to sleep. I think I would be wealthy were it not for all these d***m pills! :aghhh: