• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone tried Galantamine for Vagus Stimulation?

No, I didn't improve. I had a big crush :((
My heart beat on gelantamine was about 10 to 20 beats less per minute but I still had POTS symptoms. My sleep didn't improve. After 3 months I stoped taking Gelantamine. It wasn't for me but everybody is different.

sillysocks84

No, I didn't improve. I had a big crush :((
My heart beat on gelantamine was about 10 to 20 beats less per minute but I still had POTS symptoms. My sleep didn't improve. After 3 months I stoped taking Gelantamine. It wasn't for me but everybody is different.
I am so sorry to hear that!! Did you feel worse or the same. That is just too bad. Hang in there though, dysautonomia international has great research into pots that looks promising!

cman89

I know nicotine helps, ever so briefly, with a lot of my standard symptoms....Nicotine is an ACH agonist, while galantamine is ACHesterase inhibitor.

i'm taking galantamine - i really noticed that first dose of 4mg. this drug does things. i am hopeful. it felt a little like Phenylpiracetam.

since the effect was so pronounced, i cut the galantamine back to 2 mg as i think 4 mg is too high for me to start at. i also take LDN and ibudilast. re LDN, i started to have problems sleeping and was feeling some heavyness from it, so i did what is recommended and took a holiday and lowered the dose - something to keep in mind if you take LDN - and it seems to have worked.

cph13

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I've posted but I'm still following y'al., quietly observing, which is what I do best.
I too have a "pain reduction success" @serusaert with LDN. but my sleep is horrid. It has been ever since I did a wash out of my nutrients over 1 1/2 years ago, I can't find a comfortable spot. I've gain a lot of weight after my diverticulitus attack and than my broken wrist in 2018. I feel it's my thyroid and my sedentary lifestyle due to knee issues.
LDN is really helping my bone on bone knee and my necrotic humerus (it has been a BEAR to regulate though) I don't understand HOW but I'll take it!
Bloodwork and a nutreval in a few weeks will be all telling, I imagine.

I'm interested in galantamine, ibudilast as well if you have an update @serusaert. I guess @Eve18 gave up on the galantimine, understandibly so.
I've sent back the Vielight 633. The only success with that was, it deminished the ulgyness of a 17 stitch scar on my lower leg. Like who cares. I had such hopes.
Oh well, we try, we learn, we move on.

OH, I'm using Gaia sleep and relax with MUCH SUCCESS along with rotating 3g of glycine and inositol. Happy Healing to all XO C