• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any experience with Phosphate formulas?

SaraM

I am thinking of trying Cal, mag, and potassium phosphate supplements for reducing muscle pain. The only supplements I could find are manufactured by Hyland's homeopathic. Somebody on this forum once mentioned having good results with phosphate minerals. I do not eat dairy, and I am probably phosphorus deficient. Any experience with phosphate?

SaraM

I tried Cal, and Mag phosphate made by Hyland's with no positive or negative effect. Then I started taking dicalcium phosphate by Carlson lab. The daily dose is 3 caps ( 1000 mg Cal and 774 phosphorus). I can take 1 cap with no problem, but when I take 2, I get a severe headache- I am not a headache person. It seems that I have a problem with phosphorus or phosphate and I wonder why, because my diet lacks foods rich in phosphorus. Does this mean CFS patients have problem with this mineral?