• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cause of ME a "state secret" in UK?

max

My point exactly - the Highlights document redacted parts are already available - in print.

Why are parts still redacted in FD 23/4553/1 ?

I did actually ask the MRC sometime ago whether or not I had to fill in the blanks in order for them to let the information out? They tried to steer me in another direction, it was to read some other psychiatry summary viewpoint of the symposium!

Wow, the MRC/NA have secrets that are out there for anyone to read - and yet they believe its a secret! This illness gets more strange everyday .

max

jace

Off the fence
Hi folks,

When I go through the process of downloading from the National Archives, the last stage (after clicking 'download now') gives me a grey, blank pop-up window.

Any chance of attaching the .pdf to a post here? Or I'll let you have my email, if it's too big for that. Thanks.

Excellent work, everyone.

max

Hi Jace

Is the 'blank grey box' adobe reader opening up?

How can you give me your email without broadcasting it to the zillions of people who read this forum? Is this the 'private message' thingy?

If you can do this more secretly than the MRC then I will be pleased to help - I'll send you the previous version of FD 23/4553 too so you can fill in the spaces with the new info! Let me know

max

Norway Norway Norway - always said Oslo was a great place to be.:D

jace

Off the fence
Thanks, max, I've got it now. That box didn't change from blank grey however long I left it - I have the latest version of Adobe Reader, but it just didn't work. I already have the earlier version, but you are very kind to offer.

SilverbladeTE

Also, some time ago I spent a day or so trawling through FD23 ("the S Files"), and I found the titles of the other documents in the archive quite intriguing - it gave me a feel for the general contents of that particular archive, which I would sum up as "possible harmful effects on human health due to new science, technology and industry" - everything from the effects of high heels on womens' health, and occupational health impact on steel foundry workers and coal miners, through to radioactivity and vaccine trial data from the 50s and 60s.

Pretty much settles it, doesn't it? ME is caused by vaccines, or they suspect it to be so, and thus, have buried it.

ukxmrv

OK Max,

I'm been right through the new file. My brain hurts! I could never do puzzles even before ME.

Now, apart from wanting to offer all those nice doctors the Nobel Prize for Medicine :D what is this all about bleeding Norway!?!

max

Hi ukxmrv - my apologies - 'Go Norway' is in reference to the Norway situation, ie, they are not advising CBT/GET torture. (Thats how I understood it).

We don't get much in the way of good news around here so I was having a joint hoorah at 2 very minor reasons to smile. Sorry for causing you to go on a fruitless search. At least you've read it now!

max

SilverbladeTE

There was an item about a Scandanavian country in regard to ME and vaccines back in 70s/early 80s, but I can't recall which nation :/
usual "oh it was a coincidence, nothing here ot see, move on don't look behind the curtain" kind of thing from the Weasels/UK about it.
That's what I think started the deliberate conspiracy against us: merely the possibility of such a link would scare the ratbags into covering it up

ukxmrv

No worries Max, No extra reading done. Put in my first FOI on that file in 2007 and been following it since then.

Yes, GO NORWAY!

currer

There was an item about a Scandanavian country in regard to ME and vaccines back in 70s/early 80s, but I can't recall which nation :/
usual "oh it was a coincidence, nothing here ot see, move on don't look behind the curtain" kind of thing from the Weasels/UK about it.
That's what I think started the deliberate conspiracy against us: merely the possibility of such a link would scare the ratbags into covering it up

Silverblade I think you have put your finger on the very reason why we have been treated as we have.
This makes so much sense.
Even the fear of such a link could have worked to block research and require ME being dismissed as a valid disease.
Put into the proscribed list - do not touch!

http://www.investinme.org/InfoCentre-vaccines-popup-1.htm