• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gaining Muscle and Coordination on regimen

Charles555nc

Hi Guys,

After suffering for years with Cfs and extreme symptoms like mental confusion, extreme adhd, loose teeth, red eyes, spinal pain, blurred vision, muscle wasting, suicidal/self injurious thoughts, strange fears like leaving the house and never making it back home...Ive found a regimen of vitamins that has helped me more than most of the drugs Ive tried (including gcmaf and many anti virals). Ive only been on them about a week and a half.

Vitamin C - 18 grams sodium ascorbate, 6 grams per meal (Im 210 lbs)
*Lysine - 6 grams per day, 2 grams per meal. Combined with vitamin C, this is a
natural protease inhibitor.
*Proline 6 grams per day, 2 grams per meal. Combined with vitamin C, this is a
natural protease inhibitor.
*Glycine - 6 grams per day, 2 grams per meal. This is a natural protease inhibitor.
*A glass of all natural/organic Green Tea once every 3 days (makes me feel great but I get some nerve pain)
*N-Acetyl Cysteine 1800mg per day. 600mg per meal. This is a critical component to protect your
liver.
*Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 1500mg
*Co-Q10 300-1500 mg per day, Take the larger dosages if you have serious muscle weakness or chronic
fatigue. It is very expensive, so take whatever amount you can afford.
*Vitamin E - 400iu natural vitamin e
*Lugols Iodine (5%)- 2 drops, twice per day, weekends off
*SAM-e (from gnc)- 400mg 3 times a day (ive tried 3 brands and sam-e from gnc only one I felt good on)

+occasional (once or twice per week) zinc, selenium, magnesium, melatonin, potassium, edta suppositories, taurine, b vitamins, and sulbutiamine

Selenium used to give me MS type symptoms...I couldnt tolerate any amino acid except taurine...I couldnt tolerate NAC or beta carotene supplements, but after taking large doses of vitamin c, I am tolerating them easily. Some things like LDN and antiretrovirals, I still cant tolerate.

Charles555nc

I had tried large dose of vitamin c years ago and felt a slight energy increase, but ruled it out as a complete cure. It seems to allow alot of other stuff I couldnt tolerate, to work positively, like an activator. Wish I had thought of that years ago.

anne_likes_red

Good to hear of your improvement Charles!
Rich Van K mentioned recently that adjusting the level of arginine vs lysine (ie eliminiate arginine as much as possible and increase lysine) could result in supression of some of the herpes viruses...

From this thread: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/show...ow-much-does-it-cost-and-which-ones-do-i-need

Hi, all.

Raising the lysine to arginine ratio in the body may help against the entire herpes family of viruses. It certainly helps against herpes simplex type 1 (cold sores or fever blisters), and against herpes zoster (varicella zoster, causing chicken pox and shingles). I have received a couple of anecdotal reports that it helps against mononucleosis (glandular fever, Epstein-Barr virus). Supplementing lysine and lowering the intake of foods high in arginine (such as nuts and chocolate) will raise this ratio. Three grams per day of lysine is O.K. for most people. I haven't seen data for 10 grams per day over the long term, so would not recommend that. Higher doses could be hard on the liver or kidneys, because the body will have to get rid of the excess by converting it to urea. It's important to have enough B6 on board to metabolize the excess lysine. I recommend working with a physician if you try this approach, and I would be interested to hear of experience with the other herpes viruses.

I might mention that raising glutathione should also be effective against the whole herpes family, because they all contain glycoprotein B, and it cannot form its disulfide bonds if glutathione is at normal levels. Likewise, getting methylation status up may help too, since methylation may silence the expression of the viral genes. Both these are helped by the methylation protocols in most people who have ME/CFS.

Best regards,

Rich

Best, Anne.

Charles555nc

Originally I was told to take the same amount of arginine as lysine, proline, and glycine... but felt worse, and even the occassional (once a week) arginine supplement wasnt worth it.

Calcium is stolen and moved around by a number of infections, coxsackie virus, epstein barr, mycoplasma, hhv6 etc etc, so the edta suppositories, taurine, and lysine are supposed to help the body hold on to as much calcium , in the right areas, as possible.

Edit: I still cant tolerate glutathione orally. And I gave up on alpha lipoic acid which is supposed to boost intracellular glutathione levels.

Daffodil

great charles!

im feeling a little better myself with this IV gluathione and myer's cocktail...for the moment

aquariusgirl

Hmm. I wonder if it is opening up yr detox pathways...YOu seem to have the pathogen thing covered..but this might have been a missing piece for you.

Charles555nc

Ive been on the supplements about 2 weeks now (was about a week and half). I saw alot of quick improvement, and still noticing some slow improvement. But every cfs case progresses differently.

Have been increasing the lugols iodine dosage, which seems to be paying off, but noticed its better to split up the dosage.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I hope they all continue to help. I have a huge list that I take each day. A schedule three times a day. My doctors tell me the doses and brands to use. It has been wonderful. Working on the Glutathione level, immune system, healing my nerves, antioxidants, hormones, etc. We need so many things to helps us stay healthy after being I'll so long and the stress year after year.

Charles555nc

Everyone,

feel free to make suggestions on what I should add to the list :D
I cant add glutathione cause it makes me crash, but Im sure theres alot of good stuff out there.

Daffodil

thanks charles:)

aqua..i am wondering the same thing....cuz i am getting the same slight headaches i get when something starts to help me for a while...i am certainly not going to get used to it cuz nothing has lasted long in terms of helping me, so far.

my NYC doc wants me on 2000 mg IV glutathione once a week (if i remember correctly - might have been twice) but this naturopath is making me work up to that dose. i dont see the point of that but oh well.

my NYC doc has also recommended some new bacteria testing...one from Fry Labs in Texas...and some other Lyme stuff. but i am so sure i dont have bacteria and am so tired of wasting money. my vit-D levels dont indicate bacteria...my c-reactive protein has been normal...and i will guess my sCD14 isnt very high either.

when i think back to the 100K+ dollars we wasted on toxic valtrex/valcyte/vistide and God knows what else..ugh. i have to try not think about it.

if someone asked me right now, i would tell them to take tenofovir and glutathione.

charles sorry to hijack yout thread..i will go back to mine lol
xoxox

Interesting list, Charles. Do you have any problems with the sodium ascorbate? I have been advised to take high doses by my doc, but have lots of intestinal rumbling (also seem to remember bloating) when I get over just a few grams (say 4 or so). I have easily been able to take buffered vitamin c (Twin Lab brand which doesn't specify what type of C) up to 12 g per day. Also, do you have any idea of the amount of iodine in your Lugols? I have found that iodine (Iodoral) has helped me considerably, so just wanted to see what amount works for you... Thanks for this post, it repeats some info that I had heard before, so will consider the supps and dosages, as I like the idea of protease inhibitors (supposed to decrease viral replication, if I am recalling correctly).

Charles555nc

I use the 5% lugols iodine and I do 4 drops in the morning and at night, Im going to do that for at least a month. Its so interesting that the vitamin c helps me take amino acids I couldnt tolerate, perhaps once your on the amino acids, you can tolerate the sodium ascorbate better? That and drink lots of clean bottled water.

Have you tried taking vitamin c to bowel tolerance? Basically I take 25 grams of vitamin c (sodium ascorbate) by mouth all at once (Im 210lbs so you can scale it downwards) and I get a bit of diarrhea at some point, but it cleans you out and reduces any bloating. Its pretty gross all the debris that comes out that wouldnt otherwise come out in your bowel movements.

Buffered vitamin c is calcium based and I dont need and/or want that amount of calcium. The other form is ascorbic acid which is too much acid for my tastes.

I am constantly updating my original post btw.

Charles555nc

By the way, Daffodil, the more you post, the happier I get, so hijack away- I did it long enough on your thread between your posts.

xrayspex

charles
just stumbled on this thread, intrigued by yr protocol I can relate to being sensitive to aminos, I am going to try vit c like you. I love emergenc-c drink but I think I react to other vitamins etc in their sometimes. I like the idea of only taking some stuff once a week.

Have you tried grapeseed extract? something gave me killer headache flare tonight and I am trying to figure out what i have done dif in last day, trying gse is one thing new, never heard if anyone had bad reaction to it.

when i tried nac a few years ago it gave awfu headache and eye pain. it was right after trying provigil which flared eyes and headches and then the nac just did same thing, but maybe it was activating provigil left over in my fat or something. i dunno, afraid to try it again tho.

Charles555nc

NAC was also something I couldnt tolerate until I was on the high dose vitamin c for a couple days.

I took selenium and melatonin for several days and had horrific brain pain, so Im switching selenium to once a week, and making sure I dont take melatonin along with it. Added Acetyl-l-carnitine for nerve healing and energy.

And I think Monday Ill try a session of hyperbaric oxygen (I tried it before).

Charles555nc

Gave my old dog 5 drops of lugols iodine over 3 days, she went from sleeping all day to jumping around and barking alot...the month before she was trying to poop alot and couldnt seem to do it, so I gave her some magnesium based on her weight and boom, shes back to being regular and strain free.

Me and my old dog, doing better :D

I feel hope for the future- its been awhile.