• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blurred vision

taniaaust1

I had a scare list night due to having blurred vision of the extreme Ive never had before (was going to ring an ambulance at one point but my boyfriend talked me out of doing so).

I do at times need number 1 glasses esp if my eyes are tiring but can normally see ok without them but after going to the ME/CFS meeting in Adelaide, I'd fallen asleep suddenly within 45mins of coming home and woke up a couple of hrs later only feeling okay but finding I could hardly see, this lasted the rest of the night.

(I would of been very lucky if I could of read the "RISING" of the PHOENIX RISING on top of this page, even my hands were blurry to me.. I have the text on my computer large already so that would of been about a finger width size letter I was struggling to read).

Anyway.. just wondering if extreme sight blurring should of been a cause of concern? (I couldnt come here to post at the time as I couldnt read text). Im used to slight blurring if Im tired or sight complete blackout during POTS collapses but not used to this severe blur where I wouldnt even be properly able to see features on a face. Its okay this morning.