• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Researcher Confesses, Implicates Dr. Mikovits in Theft of Materials From WPI

My goodness Cort, you are obviously quick on the draw. Fastest gun in the west, surely. One would almost think you had inside information, had this article ready and were waiting to pull the trigger.

It's pretty obvious Judy M is cooked, discredited for life for her actions. She could find the cure for every cancer out there and nobody would take notice because of these sorted events. Even if that's the way it goes down I still have empathy for her, her tenacity which endeared her to many of us. Would a person who didn't believe she was on to something act this way? I guess an insane person would but no rational person would. It's like the research was her baby and a mother will do anything for her child.

WPI is still on my bad list. They're trying to act the victim here but they set the ball into motion by how they f'ing fired (Annette's words) Mikovits. Did WPI ever think they could be ever taken seriously again or garner any financial support after this fiasco?

I'm having to learn how to unfriend on facebook because of WPI. This will be my first (and hopefully last) unfriending.

To clarify, when I wrote "whatever problems in the relationship between the WPI and Dr. Mikovits led to this denouement (true or false--I wouldn't know), it is tragic for us all," I meant that there must have been a build-up of tensions and mistrust before the events described in this article.

It's pretty obvious Judy M is cooked, discredited for life for her actions. She could find the cure for every cancer out there and nobody would take notice because of these sorted events. Even if that's the way it goes down I still have empathy for her, her tenacity which endeared her to many of us. Would a person who didn't believe she was on to something act this way? I guess an insane person would but no rational person would. It's like the research was her baby and a mother will do anything for her child.

WPI is still on my bad list. They're trying to act the victim here but they set the ball into motion by how they f'ing fired (Annette's words) Mikovits. Did WPI ever think they could be ever taken seriously again or garner any financial support after this fiasco?

I'm having to learn how to unfriend on facebook because of WPI. This will be my first (and hopefully last) unfriending.

I agree ParisMountain she believed tenaciously in the finding and that she was right. Tenacity is a fine characteristic for sure -as was her empathy for patients - no one has ever communicated at that level with patients. Its a complex world that's for sure. I guess if we could all pick and choose the characteristics we wanted to have we would all be perfect!

A balanced article would go down well - what is JM's side of the story before dismissal ? They are talking again now I've heard and long may that last for everyone.

I agree ParisMountain she believed tenaciously in the finding and that she was right. Tenacity is a fine characteristic for sure...
As long as it does not spill over into pathological obsession, a l Simon Wessely.

In an affidavit Max Pfost, a researcher working at the Max Pfost,...
Typo? Should it be "...working at the WPI,..."?

Someone emailed me that she is released on 100k bail. The best news is that they are negotiating......hopefully this will be over soon.

ScienceInsider

Her next court date before a Ventura County judge has been scheduled:

December 19, 2011
1:30 PM Pacific Time
Court Room #13
Ventura County Superior Court
800 South Victoria Avenue
Ventura, California

All interested parties are urged to attend what is sure to be an informative hearing on a case that continuously grows in mystery, intrigue and questions regarding the motives of numerous parties.

I find this paragraph particularly problematic:
Researcher Confesses Theft- in a legal filing pertaining to a preliminary injunction against Dr. Judy Mikovits the Whittemore Peterson Institute provided evidence that Dr. Mikovits engineered the theft of the research materials from the WPI lab after her termination.
If you are scanning the article - and a lot of people do just scan - it looks like Judy has confessed to theft. This is not the case. Max Pfost (who is he? KFG's deleted post) has signed an affidavit saying he took the notebooks on Judy's request. How much pressure he has been under to do this is not known. It is an affidavit as part of the prosecution case. We have yet to hear from the defence.The affidavit was signed on Monday 21st, after Judy was arrested. just saying...

Is this a joke?? I can not believe it.. this is NUTS. Dont know if I have to laugh or cry.. with friends like these ... God have mercy.

On the outside Mikovits behavior seems consistent with someone that has narcissistic personality disorder; the charisma, the lying, the need for adoration, the excessive claims, the hero complex. Lets hope thats just how it appears, my ex partner had this and it wasnt pretty.

The notebooks are the only leverage Judy Mikovits still has - I suspect she will want to trade them in exchange for having the criminal charges against her dropped.

I really dont think that would be a good idea for her to do.. that would add 'blackmail' to the list I think if she did that.

I want to know why she was trying to get the samples sent to R****** (oh i cant remember his name). Was he in on it?