• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Count ME In! $$$'s for the WPI - April's here

jace

Off the fence
A timely reminder that there's four days until the 20th, and it's time to be Counted In to support the wonderful work of the WPI again. In the three months since CMI started, we have between us raised (fanfare)

$5,969.84 - 3675.43 - $4,136.67

You can read more of the history of this patient initiative here and here

CMI started small, and we are growing. But to ensure the funding stream the WPI need, we have to grow a whole lot more. This month I emailed the CMI blog web address, with a short personal message, to my entire inbox (except you guys, I bend your ears enough about this already). Maybe you could consider doing the same?

Remember, you only have to donate what you can afford. Just a $1 will be counted in. Here's all those links:

COUNT ME IN! Blogger page
Info, links and videos.

COUNT ME IN! facebook page
Info, links, discussion, somewhere to post if you haven't put the Count ME In! message along with your donation.

COUNT ME IN! FB Causes Page
Minimum donation still $10. There's a facility to easily tell your facebook friends about COUNT ME IN! Tip: Causes does not like the Safari browser.

WPI DIRECT donation page
Here you can donate by credit card or paypal, any amount from a dollar up. For one-off donations, please write "Count ME In!" in the message to seller, so we can measure how we grow.

You can sign up to make a regular monthly donation using this same link, but you cannot (I find to my embarrassment) put "COUNT ME IN!" in the message to seller, because there is no field for a message to seller. So, if you choose this route, please pm me with the amount or post it on the Facebook page so we can count in your donation every month.

jace

Off the fence
Today's the day, people. Please read my new thread on David and Goliath, to hear from Dr Deckoff-Jones just why this initiative is soooo important.

Time to stand, sit, or recline on the sofa and be counted in!

ETA link to the new thread

camas

Yes, thanks for the reminder. For some reason I missed it on Facebook. Off to donate....

jimbob

ME/CFS84-XMRV+
Just donated to the WPI using Paypal, seems to be the safest and easiest way for me. I posted on facebook to remind them and WPI did as well. Looks like we're the only ones who are going to make a difference, what a shame.

jace

Off the fence
Totals are in for April...

$2404/ 1441/ 1620

This means totals raised so far is

$8373/ 5144/ 5892

I'm really pleased we've hit the 5000+ mark in 4 mths, amazing! Yes we're down on last months but with Easter I think was to be expected & it's still amazing the amounts we're raising from patients who do not have much to give. Great stuff! A huge thank you to everyone who donated or who got someone else to donate. Back later in the month.