Reporting Problems in Chat
How to Report Problems
How To Report a User
To find a Chat Administrator for an immediate issue:
- Click on the 'People Here' tab in the lower right hand corner of your screen
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list
- Chat Admin and Moderator usernames are in blue
- Click the 'Chat' link located directly to the right of a person's name on the chat list in order to initiate a private chat
If there are no Chat Admins available:
- If a user is causing problems or being inappropriate, click on the flag beside their name (which turns red when you hover your mouse over it)
- When you click on the flag, a pop-up will appear that asks 'Do you want to warn this user'
- If you click on 'Warn', the user will be flagged on the Envolve website where Phoenix Rising moderators and administrators can review the chat transcripts and take further action
- If you see that a moderator or chat administrator is logged into the forum, start a Conversation to alert them that there is a problem in chat.
- If no staff member appears to be available, the best option is to create a private chat room and invite everybody to participate in the new room except the user that is causing an issue
Registered Members: When you flag a troublesome user, please always advise the moderators by starting a Conversation with them: this will alert us to the problem much more quickly