Creating an account
If you're not already a member of the forum, you can sign up through the 'Log in or Sign up' button at the top right of this page. You should then receive a confirmation email, and you must click on the link in this email in order to proceed. If you do not receive this confirmation email, follow the instructions below under 'Problems Signing Up and Logging In'.
You may then have to wait a day or two for your membership to be approved. You can log in before your membership has been approved, but you won't be able to post. We manually approve all new membership accounts, in order to keep the forums free from spam. Once we have approved your account, you should receive another email from us and you should then be able to post on the forums.
Forgotten Username or Password
If you have forgotten either your username or your password, click here and enter either your email address or the username you registered with. You should then receive an email, containing your username, with instructions to reset your password. Click on the link in that email, and a new password should then be sent to you. If either of those emails don't get through, you will have to wait a few minutes before you can try again. It may be worth trying a few times, but only the password in the last email sent to you will work.
If you still don't receive the emails, and you have previously posted on the forums, see 'Contacting Us' at the bottom of this page.
If you still don't receive the emails, and you have not yet posted on the forums, you can try creating another account. However, you will not be able to use the same username or email address you used before, and any profile information you entered will be lost. If you would prefer not to lose this information see 'Contacting Us' at the bottom of this page.
If you try to create another account, and you have never received a confirmation email, it's possible that you spelt your email address wrongly when you registered, so you could try to sign up using a different username but the same email address. If you then receive a message saying that this email address is already taken, and you have tried the instructions above, emails to that address are clearly not getting through and you will need to use a different email address. See 'Free Webmail Accounts' below to find out how to get another email address to use.
If you still can't get in after trying the above, see 'Contacting Us' at the bottom of this page.
Problems Signing Up and Logging In
Most sign-up problems are caused by certain email providers not delivering our confirmation email - Yahoo mail is one that seems to fail quite often. There are a few steps you can try if this happens to you:
1. Check your spam folder in case your email provider has filtered out our email to you. If this happens to you, it would help us if you could complain to your email provider and let them know that we are not spammers!
2. If you still can't find the confirmation email, try logging in to the forums with your username and password. If your login is rejected, follow the instructions above under 'Forgotten username or password'.
3. When you log in you should see a notice at the top of the screen with a link to re-send your confirmation email. Click that link, and if that email arrives, click on the link in the email. You will then need to wait a day or two for your membership to be approved, and you should then receive a further email confirming that your account has been approved.
4. If you can log in but you don't see a notice at the top of the screen with a link to re-send your confirmation email, and you cannot post on the forums, your account is awaiting approval by the moderators. This may take a day or two. If you don't receive an email confirming that your account has been approved, that email may have been lost but you may be able to start posting anyway, so give that a try. If your access to start posting has not been approved after a few days, see 'Contacting Us' at the bottom of this page.
5. If you still don't receive a confirmation email, it's possible that you spelt your email address wrongly when you signed up. Log in, move your mouse over your user name at the top right of the screen, and click on 'Contact Details'. You can then edit your email address - you will need to enter your password in order to do this. Another account confirmation email will then be sent to the new email address.
6. If you still don't receive a confirmation email, you will probably have better luck using a different email address. If you don't have one, see 'Free Webmail Accounts' below. Enter a different email address in 'Contact Details' as in the previous step, remembering to enter your password again, and another account confirmation email will be sent to the new email address.
7. If you're still stuck, see 'Contacting Us' at the bottom of this page.
Free Webmail Accounts
If you don't have a second email account to try, you can sign up for free webmail accounts at providers like Hotmail (Windows Live), Gmail, mail.com and Fastmail - all of these normally receive our emails. You can forward emails from those email providers to your regular email account if you don't want to maintain an extra inbox.
If you have tried all the steps above, and you still can't sign up and log in, we're very sorry you're having such a hard time getting in! Please send us a message by clicking here, stating the username and email address you signed up with, and a second email address that we can try. If you don't have a second email address, see 'Free Webmail Accounts' above.