Control Panel and User Settings
User Control Panel/User Settings
You can find your User Control Panel by clicking the down arrow beside your username.
From there you can select from different options:
Your Profile Page
This is where you find tabs for:
- Profile Posts -- you can update your status here with a short message. Type your message in the box and click 'Post'
- Recent Activity -- clicking on this tab will reveal all your recent activity (activity related to threads and blog posts)
- Postings -- clicking on this tab will reveal all your posts
- Information -- this is where you find the biographical information you have posted about yourself. You can click on the options on the bottom of this page to find all your recent content/threads
- Blog -- clicking on this tab will reveal any blog entries you have posted
- Albums -- clicking on this tab will reveal any albums you have created
Note: When you click on the 'Profile Page' of any member, you will see their 'Profile Posts', 'Recent Activity', 'Postings', 'Information', 'Blog', and 'Albums'.
This is where you add/edit your personal details.
- If you want to add more about yourself, just fill in the 'About You' box at the bottom of the page.
- Don't forget to click on 'Save' when you are finished adding/editing.
This is where you add/edit your signature.
- Add your signature and click on 'Save' when you are finished. A signature appears at the bottom of all your posts. It can be a quote you like, something you want to add about yourself, a link to a blog/website you find interesting etc. Your signature may not be used for advertising.
This where you can:
- Edit your email address (you need to reconfirm your account if you change your email address).
- Choose Messaging preferences.
- Add identities from social sites.
- Click on 'Save' if you add/change anything.
This is where you can edit your 'Privacy'.
- You can choose whether or not to show your online status; choose whether or not to show date of birth and age; choose who may view your personal details; who may post messages on your profile page; choose who may start Conversations with you; and who may view your identities.
- Click on 'Save' if you edit your Privacy Settings.
This is where you can choose the style/theme that you wish to view the forum.
- You can set the your timezone.
- Choose whether you automatically want to watch threads that you have created and whether or not you want to receive email notifications of replies.
- You can choose the option of using the rich text editor to create and edit messages.
- Choose whether or not you want to show member's signatures with their messages.
- Choose whether or not you want to show your online status.
- Choose if you want to restore dismissed notices.
- Click on 'Save' if you edit your Preferences.
Alerts are little notifications that show up in the 'Alert' user tab at the top right-hand side of the forum (in-between the Inbox and Log Out tabs) and notify you of activity that is relevant to you. 'Alert Preferences' allows you to choose what you would like to be alerted about. The alerts box will stay "lit" until you actually look at it. Once you have read them, alerts will expire after a few hours. If there is an alert you didn't quite catch, or there are more alerts than you can see in the small popup box, you can always click on the Alerts link to view all of your recent alerts.
For threads, you can choose to receive an alert for each of the following:
- If a member replies to a thread you are watching
- If a member replies and attaches a file to a thread you are watching
- If a member directly quotes one of your messages in a thread
- If a member likes one of your messages in a thread
- If a member tags you
For messages on Profile pages, you can choose to receive an alert for each of the following:
- If a member posts a message on your profile page
- If a member comments on a message on your profile page or your status
- If a member comments on a message you left on someone else's profile
- If a member comments on a profile post that you have commented on
- If a member 'likes' your profile post
For Achievements, you can choose to receive an alert for each of the following:
- If a member starts following you
- If you are awarded a new trophy for passing a milestone
- Click on 'Save' if you edit your alert preferences.
On this page you can add/change you avatar.
- Click on 'Delete Current Avatar' if you wish to remove/replace your avatar.
- To upload an image to use for your avatar from your computer, click on 'Browse' to find the image.
- Click on the file you wish to upload, then click on 'Open' and finally click on 'Modify Avatar'.
Note: For the best results, make sure the image you are uploading is square.
On this page you can associate your account on Phoenix Rising to your Facebook account. Associating with Facebook makes it easier to share interesting things with your friends and import content from Facebook here.
- Click on 'Associate with Facebook'
- If you want to know more how the Facebook 'app' works, click on 'how apps work now' in the sentence 'Learn more about how apps work now' at the top of the dialogue box
- Choose your privacy level, click on the down arrow below 'Who can see posts this app makes for you on Facebook. You can choose from 'Public', 'Friends', 'Only Me', or 'Custom'.
- Click on 'Go to App'
- For the next option choose either 'Allow' or 'Skip'
- You will then be asked to type the password you use for Phoenix Rising (not your Facebook password).
- Click on 'Associate Accounts'
On this page you can change your password.
- Type in your existing password (For security reasons, you must verify your existing password before you may set a new password)
- Type in your new password
- Confirm your new password
- Click on 'Save'
Your News Feed
- On this page you find the activity stream for all the users you follow.
To access your News Feed:
- Click on your username
- Click on 'News Feed' in the drop down box that appears
At the bottom of the News Feed page, you can review the members you are following by clicking on 'People You Follow'. You can also choose to 'Unfollow' members and add new members to follow on this page.
You can choose to receive an alert when a member chooses to follow you by:
- Clicking on your username
- Click on 'Alert Preferences' in the drop down box that appears
- Under 'Achievements', put a tick in the box beside 'New Follower' and you will receive an alert
- On this page you will find your recent alerts.
- On this page you will find all your unread watched threads.
- On this page you will see all the 'likes' you have received.
When you 'like' another members post, you can indicate this by clicking on the 'like' button at the bottom of their post (right next to 'reply'). To see how many likes another member has, you can view it in their profile or in the pop-up or Member Card that appears when you click on their avatar. You can not access who has 'liked' other members, you can only see how many 'likes' they have received.
- On this page you will find all your content.
People You Follow
- On this page you can enter the name(s) of a member(s) you wish to follow.
- Click 'Save' to follow members.
Note: when you follow a member, their avatar will appear in your profile page (as well as the avatars of people following you). When you choose to follow a member, their posted content will appear in your News Feed. If you wish to 'unfollow' a member, you can do so by clicking on their avatar and choosing 'unfollow' from the pop-up or Member Card. You can also choose to follow members by clicking on their avatar and choosing 'follow'.
People You Ignore
- On this page you can enter the names(s) of a member(s) you wish to ignore.
- Click 'Save' to ignore members.