9. The Bad Post Section
THE BAD POST SECTION
We all know things can get a little intense on Forums at times. If they get too intense then here are some things you can do about it.
Reporting Bad Posts
- What if someone’s posts go beyond the pale in terms of forum etiquette. Can I report them?
- Yes, on the footer of each post is where you find this option
- Simply click 'Report' and you can report what you offends you about this post. If this poster is making a habit of being offensive and you want to go further see below
- Click on 'Report Post' when you have typed in a detailed account of why you are reporting the post
Making Irritable Posters Disappear
What if there is someone whose posts consistently irritate or offend me? Can I make it so that I stop seeing their posts?
- Yes, click on your user name in the menu bar
- Choose the option "People You Ignore"
- Add the person you wish to ignore by typing their name into the box
- Click on ‘Save'. It will be like they were never there! You’ll now see the forums as before but this person’s posts will not appear
- Click on the username/avatar of the user you wish to ignore
- Click on Ignore
To Stop Ignoring a Member
- Click on your Username
- Click on 'People you Ignore'
- Click on 'Stop Ignoring'
- Click on the username/avatar of the person you are ignoring and a pop-up will appear
- Click on 'Unignore'