• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

zithromax--another thing

xrayspex

hi, so I posted a couple threads a couple weeks ago relating to azithromyocin. I feel a course of it for pneumonia in early March had side effect of helping couple unintended things related to chronic pain and fatigue. My pain level is still lower btw since taking 2 3 day courses of it in March.

But one other thing that is odd I realized--I can tolerate again, get something out of it--taking an ibuprofen for a headache. I cannot imagine why taking the zithromax altered that but it has. for some years I have not felt much of anything from taking an advil and any little bit of good at might have done towards a headache or spinal pain was overpowered by the GERD effects as well as back lash of worse pain later that day or usually the next--a burning pain in lower back usually, maybe kidneys. It had become not worth taking the last 5 years. Maybe because i had taken too much of it in 2011, frequent use (but not large amounts).

I wonder if the antibiotic cleared up something with my gut so that the ibuprofen can work better now. i still most definitely have reflux though, have to try not to eat much in eve or its bad at night and the next day. Also nsaids still can flare it however the ibprofen seems to have a helpful effect again on pain and also doesnt seem to cause a backlash of neurogenic pain the next day.

any thoughts on why this might be would be welcome.