1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Zinc's role in the brain

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by RustyJ, Oct 5, 2011.

1. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Noosaville, Aust
    Here's some diversionary information.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2011-10-zinc-role-brain-insight-year-old.html

2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Hi RustyJ, according to the article the research shows that zinc is needed for something called long term potentiation. IIRC this is important because it helps keep two neurons active for a long enough time that they can build the connection between them - I hope I am right but its been a decade and a half since I researched this area. Bye, Alex

3. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Noosaville, Aust
    Many PWME have low zinc levels, so it could be a useful addition to the truckload of vitamins people are already taking. I am taking it as part of Fredd's protocol. I had a bad reaction to it so had to titrate up.

4. Sparrow

Sparrow Senior Member

Canada
    I had trouble with zinc too, and have had to go very slowly. Was getting majorly dizzy from much lower doses than is supposed to cause that. I wonder if that's common for us...

See more popular forum discussions.