• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Yucca and charcoal *increased* sulfate?

Patrick*

Formerly PWCalvin
I'm working my way through Yasko's protocol, still trying to address CBS (which by now I have no doubt is a problem based on ammonia & taurine levels and other clues).

Two weeks ago, I started taking Yucca 1/2 cap 2x/day with meals. Then on Tuesday night I took my first charcoal capsule. I woke the next morning to test my urine sulfate level, and it actually *increased* to 1200. Tested again this morning, and it was still 1200. It had been hovering around 600 to 800 prior to using yucca and charcoal, and continued in that range after adding the yucca alone.

Can charcoal cause a temporary increase in urine sulfate before it deceases? Or do yucca and charcoal only decrease ammonia, and not sulfate? Anyone know why I am moving in the wrong direction?