• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Your urinary tract infection is in your head - Guardian article

Apple

I'm someone who has been told this. I was refused antibiotics and that subsequently led to me developing interstitial cystitis. Which was also apparently all in my head until a cystoscopy that I pushed for showed that my bladder actually bleeds. 3.5 years after initial infection and i'm sitting here with a bladder which currently feels like it's been lit on fire and poked with needles. :fire::fire::fire:

char47

I'm someone who has been told this. I was refused antibiotics and that subsequently led to me developing interstitial cystitis. Which was also apparently all in my head until a cystoscopy that I pushed for showed that my bladder actually bleeds. 3.5 years after initial infection and i'm sitting here with a bladder which currently feels like it's been lit on fire and poked with needles. :fire::fire::fire:
:( ugh poor you i so sorry.... :(
and angry for you:mad:
their general arrogance as a profession is spectacular.