• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Your thiamine supplement contains silica?

Hello.
So i was reading a lot about thiamine and the anti-thiamine factors in our diets. I saw that silica is one of those anti factors and most of the supplements contain it is the form of Silicon Dioxide.

I did a quick search and found some supplements in my country that do not have it in them.
Am i overthinking this or i should purchase a supplement without Silicon Dioxide?

Does your thiamine supplement have it? Did you noticed positive effects while you were on it?

Runner5

Been taking a bunch of Thiamine with D-Ribbose, L-Carnitine and also (I think it's called) Alpha Lipoic Acid? -- thus far I have had zero improvement or reaction to it.

Been taking a bunch of Thiamine with D-Ribbose, L-Carnitine and also (I think it's called) Alpha Lipoic Acid? -- thus far I have had zero improvement or reaction to it.

I am trying to figure out if Silicon Dioxide is inhibiting the thiamine absorbtion. Is it listed on the bottle of your thiamine?

Runner5

Supplement Facts Serving Size: 1 Tablet Servings Per Container: 100 Description Amount per Serving % Daily Value * Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.† Daily Value not established. Thiamin(from Thiamin HCl) (Vitamin B-1) 100 mg 6667% Other Ingredients: Cellulose, Stearic Acid (vegetable source) and Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source -- NOW Brand B1 Thiamine​

I also take a multi-vitamin that is very good or at least hella expensive and I have a Vega 'recovery' drink that is just basically liquid multi-vitamins.

I am not taking the recommended dose of D-Ribbose (which I have in powdered form) - I have a hard time working it in and remembering it. I've done pretty good with the L-Carnitine but I'm honestly only at 1 serving of the D-Ribbose per day and the recommend at least 3.

I did a cool trick on my adult kids (we joke around), I was like -- I'm so hard core into supplements now I don't need capsules I just eat the stuff straight. And I popped my finger into the D-Ribbose and ate it. They figured out something was up, haha. (It's just a type of corn sugar, so tastes pretty good ;-P ) -- Sorry some really bad CFS humor....

Maybe if I followed the protocol correctly I would have had better luck with it. I just didn't even feel a twinge of improvement, but that's not to say you won't. You gotta try stuff. :)

Maybe you need to up your carbs?
Ribose made me tired but wired that makes me believe that i am missing something in my atp production. I was very jittery but my brain fog and muscle tiredness was still there.

Yes you are right! We need to try stuff and see what is working.

It seems that a lot of the "good" brands lack silicon dioxide in their thiamine products..hmmm
That gives me a little bit of hope about this. I wrote to a couple of companies on their facebook pages. Will see how they respond.