1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Leptin
Andrew Gladman reflects upon the recent IACFS/ME conference and the buzz surrounding a small molecule, leptin.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

You may wonder why the CAA treats XMRV the way they do... So:

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by omerbasket, Aug 4, 2010.

1. biophile

biophile Places I'd rather be.

Responding to the psychobabble

Some exceptional posts on this thread.

I would like to see large advocacy groups do more than critically review biomedical research, but also actively combat the "reams of psychobabble" that keep flowing from certain quarters. Put it in their official mandate, hire someone full time to fairly evaluate the research and respond appropriately.

It is the year 2010 for heaven's sake, we are sick of seeing the same tired old flaws and poor standards in research over and over after all these years. I would be embarrassed to have my name on any professional paper which can be mauled by lay patients for its dodgy methodology.
  2. Sam Carter

Sam Carter Guest

A cytokine / inflammatory model of depression:

The malaise theory of depression: Major depressive disorder is sickness behavior and antidepressants are analgesic

Bruce G Charlton MD

Medical Hypotheses, 2000; 54: 126-130

See more popular forum discussions.